This delicious melon prosciutto salad combines cantaloupe, honeydew, little mozzarella balls, and prosciutto for a refreshing summer salad!
This recipe looks gorgeous on any table and is surprisingly easy to make. It takes a few minutes to ball the melons but assembling the salad is a cinch.
Cantaloupe and prosciutto are a classic, delicious combination that we've taken to even greater heights with an extra punch of juicy, melon flavor from the honeydew.
Why You'll Love This Salad with Prosciutto
If you love fruit but also savory flavors, you've got to try this recipe. The melons make it both bright and refreshing, but the cheese and ham bring a lovely (and substantial) flavor that isn't often found in a salad.
This is a great side salad for a BBQ or picnic, but I like to eat it as a main course as well. If you enjoy Caprese salads, I'm sure you'll like this one.
Ingredients You'll Need
The key to this recipe is ripe, juicy melons. Here's how to get the best ingredients!
Melons - You'll need 1 honeydew melon and 1 cantaloupe. To find the ripest melons, make sure they have a fragrant smell, no noticeable bruising or spots, and are heavy for their size.
Prosciutto - You'll need 3 ounces of sliced prosciutto. It's an Italian dry-cured ham that should be available in the deli section of your grocery store.
Mozzarella - You'll need 8 ounces of small Mozzarella balls. I used Ciliegine Mozzarella balls, which means "cherry" in Italian - denoting their size. You could also use Nocciline, Perle, or Perline balls. They are all smaller than Ciliegine. Ovaline and Bocconcini are going to be too large though, so half or quarter those if that's what you have.
Toppings - For the dressing, you'll need 2 tablespoons of good olive oil, 2 teaspoons of balsamic glaze (reduced balsamic), 1/2 teaspoon of flaky sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. You'll also need a handful of fresh herbs for topping - I used a mixture of basil, mint, and variegated sage.
More Melon Recipes to Try
If you love the fruity, refreshing flavor of melon, check out some of our other favorite cantaloupe and honeydew recipes!
- Grilled Cantaloupe - grilling cantaloupe is a wonderful way to bring out its flavor!
- Honeydew Melon & Blackberry Salad - a beautiful and delicious fruit salad.
- Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad Recipe - a refreshing summer salad for hot days.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Tools - If you want to make cute melon balls, I highly recommend picking up a cheap and very useful melon baller! This OXO melon baller is inexpensive and works well.
Storing Tips - You can save this salad in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 1 ripe honeydew
- 3 ounces sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 8 ounces Ciliegine Mozzarella balls*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (mint, basil, sage)
- Slice the melons in half and scoop out the seeds. Using a melon baller or round teaspoon, press against the melon and scoop out the balls. After you've scooped out the first layer, slice 1/2 inch off the top of the melon and continue scooping out balls. Repeat as necessary.
- Combine the melon balls, prosciutto, and mozzarella balls on a serving plate.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic glaze, salt, and pepper. Pour it over the salad.
- Top the salad with fresh herbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 848mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 14g