This poached sea bass recipe will be one of your favorite seafood meals!
It’s full of flavor – the delicate fish, the briny olives, the aromatic wine, and the fresh herbs all combine to make this an amazing meal. Sometimes I serve it over rice, but I like it on its own as well.
Why You’ll Love This Poached Sea Bass
This healthy recipe is incredibly easy and quick to make. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy sea bass and full of tangy flavor. The way the fish is poached, it ends up flaking apart and melding with the sauce.
How to Find Sustainable Seafood
They make an app that you can download and just check in the grocery store to see what seafood you can buy that makes less of an impact on the ocean.
With this app and the recommendations of your local fishmonger, you’ll be able to find great fish that’s environmentally sustainable.
I hope you enjoy this delicious poached sea bass recipe!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sea bass fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 10 Castelvetrano olives, halved
- 1/4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, coarsely chopped
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until they start to become translucent.
- Place the fish on top of the onions, and top with oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Then nestle in the tomatoes and pour in the wine.
- Cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Top with olives, parsley, and basil and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1345mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g