This delicious crispy baked haddock recipe is a tasty meal that's ready in minutes! The panko and parmesan crust on this fish is perfection.
Haddock is a tender white fish that's popular for its versatility. If you like fried haddock or fish and chips, you'll enjoy this healthier take that still has that delicious, crispy layer.
Why You'll Love This Baked Fish Recipe
You are going to love the combination of the flaky texture of the fish with the crispy crust of panko and parm. It's a truly delicious (and quick!) meal to make.
Most white fish varieties, haddock included, are not overly fishy and they are easy to cook. You can sub in tilapia, cod, or halibut if you can't find haddock.
Ingredients You'll Need
Haddock - For this recipe, you'll use 1 pound of haddock fillets. Haddock is an Atlantic white fish that's popular for its mild flavor and versatility. It's similar in flavor to cod.
Panko Breadcrumbs - You'll use 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs to form the majority of the crispy crust. They're a Japanese breadcrumb that's light and flaky in texture.
Parmesan - You'll use 1/4 us shredded or crumbled parmesan cheese for the crust as well. The salty mellow flavor pairs perfectly with white fish.
Italian Seasoning - You'll need 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, a delicious dried herb blend. You can make your own Italian seasoning blend!
Butter - You'll use 1/4 cup of butter. You'll melt this and use it both on the fish and to butter the dish you bake it in.
Lemon - A little fresh lemon juice squeezed on the baked fish tastes great!
More Fish Recipes to Try
These delicious seafood recipes are easy to make and taste great!
- Barramundi with Mango Slaw - a tender and flaky white fish with a flavorful slaw
- Coconut Crusted Tilapia - baked tilapia with a coconut crust
- Sheet Pan Salmon Recipe - salmon with radishes and green beans
What to Serve With This Recipe
If you're looking for an easy, healthy side dish recipe, check out some of our favorite veggie sides.
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe - these delicious asparagus are super easy to make.
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts - tasty and cheesy, these smashed sprouts have a lovely crusty layer.
- Roasted Broccolini - these tender greens are awesome when roasted.
- Easy Roasted Beets - the easiest beet recipe that's perfectly cooked.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips - Make sure to pat dry your fillets before you salt and butter them. This will help the panko mixture stick better. You don't have to broil the fillets after baking them for 7 to 8 minutes, but it does help the panko get crispy and browned - just be sure to watch it closely so it doesn't burn!
Specialty Ingredients - I highly recommend you use our recipe to make your own Italian seasoning blend. It's so useful to have on hand!
Recommended Tools - You'll need a baking dish or sheet pan to cook your salmon on. You can use a 9x13 pan or a half (or quarter) sheet pan.
Storing Tips - The baked haddock will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the oven to keep the panko mixture crispy.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - If you'd like to make this recipe dairy-free, you can replace the cheese with 2 tablespoons of flour.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lay the haddock on a cutting board or clean surface and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the panko, parmesan, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Brush the melted butter on both sides of the fish. Brush the remaining butter in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fillets with the panko mixture.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Then turn the oven on to broil and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until the panko is golden brown and the fish is flaky.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 1219mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 36g