This grilled endives and shrimp recipe is ready in under 30 minutes and very tasty. These pesto shrimp are truly delicious - they are full of flavor and make a satisfying dinner. They can be made in either a grill pan or on a grill.
How to Know When Shrimp is Done
There are three things to look for to tell if your shrimp is fully cooked.
- Color - your shrimp should have pink tails and the raw, opaque color should become white and no longer translucent.
- Shape - cooked shrimp will curl into a “C” shape
- Temperature - the internal temperature of the shrimp should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read thermometer.
Other Pescetarian Recipes
If you like fish or seafood recipes, check out some of my other pescetarian recipes:
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Salmon
- Roasted Eggplant and Shrimp with Harissa
- Salmon with Blueberries
- Poached Sea Bass
What is an Endive?
Endives are a type of chicory and are similar to radicchio. Belgian endives are usually around 5 to 6 inches in length and can have yellow or red and white leaves. Endives have a pleasantly bitter flavor and can be eaten both raw or cooked. They are often added to salads or roasted. Endives also work well in gratins, soups and stews, and quiches.
Tips for Grilled Shrimp and Endives
This recipe can be made both straight on the grill or in a grill pan. The instructions below are for a grill pan, but if you’d like to make these shrimp on a grill then thread them onto a skewer so they don’t fall between the grates.
Be careful not to overcook the shrimp - either use an instant-read thermometer or watch them closely. Pull them off the heat as soon as they curl into a “C” shape.
- 4 to 6 Belgian Endives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups of greens
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Cut endives in half and toss them with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place them on the pan. Cook each side of the endives for 3 minutes.
- Combine the shrimp and pesto in a bowl and stir till shrimp is fully covered.
- Once the endives are done cooking, place the shrimp in the grill pan and cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes - until shrimp are pink and curled.
- Either serve the shrimp and endives on their own or place greens on a plate or wooden cutting board, cover with olive oil and half the parmesan.
- Add the shrimp and endives to the plate and cover with the other half the parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 1407mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 8gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g