This delicious St. Patrick's Day breakfast idea is a cute and festive meal. The green bell peppers mimic the shape of a shamrock!
You'll cook two eggs in the bell pepper and place it on some delicious avocado toast for a filling and hearty meal.
If you're looking for a St. Patrick's Day breakfast idea that is a healthier, savory option - then this is for you! There are lots of cute green food ideas, but this one will be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Here's what you'll need to make this tasty shamrock toast recipe!
- Green Bell Pepper
- Fresh Eggs
- Piece of Bread
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- optional - Red Pepper Flakes
See the recipe card for quantities.
Slice both ends off a bell pepper and remove and interior pith and seeds. Slice two ¼-inch rounds of pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the rings of the bell pepper.
Crack one egg into each bell pepper ring. Allow the egg to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the white is fully cooked through.
Meanwhile, cut the avocado and spread it onto the piece of toast.
Place the pepper and egg rings onto the avocado toast.
Top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and optional red pepper flakes.
More St. Patrick's Day Recipes
Looking for more delicious St. Paddy's day meals? Check out our full list of healthy St. Patrick's Day recipes or try one of these favorites!
- Pesto Eggs - make some green eggs with pesto!
- St. Patrick's Day Snack Board - this cute rainbow charcuterie board is lots of fun to make and serve.
- Healthy St. Patrick's Day Cookies - these fun color-changing cookies will be a hit.
You can make the egg and green pepper "shamrocks" two days in advance. Reheat them in a frying pan on the stovetop.
I do not recommend making the avocado toast part in advance as the avocado will brown.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - If you want a runny egg yolk, cook the egg just till the whites are set. If you want it fully cooked through, you may need to sauté the egg for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
Specialty Ingredients - I really like using Trader Joe's teeny tiny avocados for this recipe. Each avocado is the perfect size for a single piece of toast.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Green bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of bread, toasted
- 1 tiny avocado or ⅓ of a regular avocado
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- optional - pinch of red pepper flakes
- Slice both ends off a bell pepper and remove and interior pith and seeds. Slice two ¼-inch rounds of pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the rings of bell pepper.
- Crack one egg into each bell pepper ring. Allow the egg to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the white is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado and spread it onto the piece of toast.
- Place the pepper and egg rings onto the avocado toast.
- Top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and optional red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 327mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g