This rainbow-themed St. Patrick's Day snack board is easy to pull together and will delight both kids and adults!
You'll make a rainbow of fruit and surround it with a variety of green vegetables and fruit of your choice.
It's a great, healthy appetizer or snack for St. Paddy's Day!
You can taste the rainbow with this beautiful appetizer platter! It's endlessly versatile and you can swap in your favorite fruits and vegetables (suggestions below for substitutions). It's one of our favorite, creative snack boards to make.
It's a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day that the whole family will love.
Here's what you'll need to make this St. Patrick's Day appetizer platter.
- Green Bell Pepper
- Fresh Strawberries
- Clementines or Mandarin Oranges
- Fresh Pineapple
- Green Grapes
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Blackberries
- Red Grapes
- English Cucumber or Persian cucumbers
- optional - Kiwis, Sugar Snap Peas, Green Apple, Fresh Herbs
See the recipe card for quantities.
Prepare the fruit and vegetables that need to be sliced.
Cut the end off of the bell pepper so it resembles a clover. Then cut a small strip from the bell pepper to be a stem.
Arrange the fruit on a large cutting board or platter into a rainbow, with strips of strawberries, oranges, pineapple, green grapes, blueberries, blackberries, and red grapes.
Then add the green fruit and vegetables on either side of the rainbow. Place the bell pepper and piece of bell pepper so it looks like a clover with a stem.
Sprinkle any fresh herbs you'd like to use around the board (microgreens and mint both work).
More St. Patrick's Day Recipes
Love rainbow-themed food or want more healthy St. Patrick's Day recipes? Try some of these easy recipes!
- Healthy St. Patrick's Day Cookies - these fun color-changing cookies have a bright green interior!
- St. Patrick's Day Breakfast - this delicious egg and green bell peppers toast in a shamrock shape is a savory and tasty meal.
- Rainbow Fruit Skewers - these pretty skewers make great finger foods for kids or can be added to a St. Patrick's Day charcuterie board.
Substitutions & Variations
If you need to swap out any of the fruits or veggies, here are some changes you can make to this rainbow fruit platter!
- Fruit - for the rainbow, you can use a variety of fruit in rainbow colors. Raspberries and cherries can be used in place of strawberries. Swap any type of orange citrus for the clementines or use papaya or persimmons. The pineapple can be swapped for golden kiwi or starfruit. The green grapes can be swapped for honeydew. The blueberries, blackberries, and red grapes can be swapped for figs or prunes.
- Green Food - The green veggies and fruit around the rainbow can include lettuce, asparagus, or green bell peppers as well.
- Additional Items - if you'd like to serve a dip or add a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, you can add small bowls around the board with yogurt dip or gold coins.
You can save this snack board for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Cover the board with plastic wrap or cling film or store the components separately in an airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Tools - I used a large wooden cutting board to assemble this appetizer board. This is the specific board I used (it's 16 by 12 inches) - it makes a great cheese board. You can use a large plate or another type of large platter.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 3 clementines or small oranges
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup green grapes
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into sticks
- optional - kiwis, sugar snap peas, green apples, fresh herbs
- Cut the end off of the bell pepper so it resembles a clover. Then cut a small strip from the bell pepper to be a stem.
- Arrange the fruit on a large cutting board or platter into a rainbow, with strips of strawberries, oranges, pineapple, green grapes, blueberries, blackberries, and red grapes.
- Then add the green fruit and vegetables on either side of the rainbow. Place the end of the bell pepper and a piece of bell pepper so it looks like a clover with a stem.
- Sprinkle optional herbs around the board to fill in any gaps.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g