These fun rainbow fruit skewers are super easy to make and are a great healthy snack. You'll use a wide variety of fruits to represent the colors of the rainbow!
Serve them as an after-school snack or at a party for St. Patrick's Day, baby shower, bridal shower, birthday party, or Pride event.
It's a great way to serve fruit and more fun than a fruit salad!
These colorful fruit skewers are versatile and you can swap in your favorite fruits. It's a fun way to enjoy fruit!
Serve it alongside a small bowl of Greek Yogurt Dessert Dip for a complete snack.
Here are the simple ingredients you'll need to make these easy rainbow fruit kabobs.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Clementines or Mandarin Oranges
- Fresh Pineapple
- Green Grapes
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Blackberries
- Red Grapes (purple grapes)
- Wooden Skewers
See the recipe card for quantities.
Thoroughly wash and dry all fruit and then cut larger fruit like the pineapples and strawberries into similar size bite-sized pieces.
Thread the fruit onto the wooden skewer in rainbow order - "Roy G Biv" (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet).
More Great Fruit Recipes
Want more fun ideas for serving fruit? Here are some of our favorite
- Adorable Heart Fruit Skewers - these fresh fruit kabobs with watermelon, honey dew, and cantaloupe cut into hearts are the perfect snack.
- Dark Chocolate Watermelon - a delicious way to enjoy watermelon! You'll place watermelon on a skewer, dip it into chocolate, and sprinkle it with optional toppings.
- Banana Snowmen - these easy snacks are made with bananas, strawberries, and pretzel sticks.
- Yogurt Covered Strawberries - a tasty, healthy treat, these sweet strawberries covered in yogurt are popular with adults and kids.
Substitutions & Variations
If you want to swap out any of the fruit, here are some substitution ideas.
- Red - Raspberries, cherries, or red dragon fruit can be used in place of strawberries.
- Orange - Swap any type of orange citrus for the clementines or use papaya or persimmons.
- Yellow - The pineapple can be swapped for golden kiwi or starfruit.
- Green - The green grapes can be swapped for honeydew, kiwi fruit, or green apples.
- Blue/Purple - Figs or prunes can be used in place of blueberries, blackberries, or red grapes.
You can save these fruit skewers for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Cover them with plastic wrap or cling film or store the components separately in an airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Tools - You'll need 12-inch bamboo skewers for this recipe.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
Rainbow Fruit Skewers
These beautiful rainbow fruit skewers are a fun, healthy snack! Perfect for a party or an after-school-snack.
- 1 cup strawberries, halved or quartered
- 3 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup pineapple, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup green grapes
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 cup red grapes
- Thoroughly wash and dry all the fruit.
- Thread the fruit onto the wooden skewer in rainbow order - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
- Serve immediately or save for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
*You'll need long, wooden bamboo skewers for this recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 35Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g