These gorgeous yogurt covered strawberries are so easy to make! You'll dip fresh strawberries in vanilla yogurt for a sweet, healthy treat.
You can dye the yogurt with pink food coloring to make a gradient of white and pink dipped strawberries.
This is a great healthy Valentine's Day treat or fun after-school snack. It requires very little hands-on time, but it does take a few minutes to freeze.
Why You Should Make Yogurt Covered Strawberries
This sweet, healthy treat is so easy to make! It only requires a few minutes of hands-on time and then about 1 hour of total freeze time.
The vanilla Greek yogurt adds a little bit of extra sweetness to the berries, making for a delicious little bite. You can serve these as a snack or light dessert.
Because the yogurt is frozen, they will melt quickly, so serve them right before you plan to eat them!
Ingredients You'll Need
Strawberries - You'll use 12 fresh strawberries. Wash them and fully dry them before using them. If the berries have any moisture on them the yogurt won't stick to them.
Yogurt - You'll need 10 ounces of vanilla Greek yogurt. You won't use all of this yogurt on the berries, but you do need a large enough amount that you can fully dip the strawberries to cover them.
Pink Food Coloring - This is optional, but if you'd like a gradient of white to pink or all pink berries, you'll need a few drops of pink gel food coloring.
More Valentine's Day Recipes to Try
If you want more Valentine's Day inspiration, be sure to check out our healthy Valentine's Day recipes post and try some of these delicious treats!
- Adorable Heart Fruit Skewers
- Valentine's Day Appetizer Board
- Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites
- Cute Strawberry Tartlets
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - I used a pink food coloring from this Wilton Color Right set. I really like how concentrated the colors are - I use them for all sorts of recipes.
Recommended Tools - I highly recommend using a piece of parchment paper to set the berries on after you dip them in the yogurt. Once the yogurt has frozen, the berries will be easy to peel off the parchment paper.
Storing Tips - Once the berries are removed from the freezer, the frozen yogurt will begin melting quite quickly. Serve them only when you are ready to eat them.
The berries will be able to sit out for 5 to 10 minutes before they start to melt. Pop them back in the freezer to get them to harden up again. You can save the berries in a freezer-safe container for up to one week.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
Yogurt Covered Strawberries
These delicious yogurt covered strawberries are a healthy little treat.
- 12 strawberries
- 10 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- pink food coloring
- Wash the strawberries and pat them dry. No moisture should remain on the berries before dipping them in the yogurt.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a large plate or cutting board.
- Place the yogurt in a small bowl and holding onto the green leaves, dip each strawberry into the yogurt. Swirl it around to cover the berry, leaving a little red at the top.
- Place each yogurt dipped strawberry on the parchment paper. When you have dipped all the strawberries, place them in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dip the strawberries a second time in the yogurt. To get a gradient of pinks, dip 4 berries in the yogurt with no food coloring, then add a single drop of pink food coloring to the yogurt and stir it till combined. Dip four more berries in the yogurt. Then add another drop of food coloring to the yogurt and stir to combine. Dip the remaining four berries in the yogurt.
- Place the strawberries back in the freezer for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- The frozen yogurt will begin melting when you remove the berries from the freezer, so only pull them out when you are ready to serve them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g