Are you in need of a healthy snack for Valentine's Day? These ridiculously cute and easy skewers are quick to make and fun to eat!
You can use strawberries, watermelons, cantaloupe, honeydew, and blueberries to make these.
Valentine's Day Treat Inspiration
If you’re looking for other Valentine’s Day inspiration, check these out:
- Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Bites
- Rose Strawberry Coconut Milk Popsicles
- Valentine's Day Appetizer Board
- Strawberry Milk
- Cute Strawberry Tartlets
- Yogurt Covered Strawberries
What You'll Need to Make These Skewers
All you need are some skewers, a heart-shaped cookie cutter, a few cups of strawberries, a small watermelon, a cantaloupe, a honeydew, and a few blueberries and you're in business.
I have a small set of cookie cutters which I've ended up using quite a bit.
I also use them when I make pies - I like cutting out a bunch of stars from pie dough and layering them across the top of the pie to create a pretty crust.
Recently, I've started cutting fruit into shapes for my breakfast smoothie bowls, which is what got me thinking about some heart-shaped healthy skewers for Valentine's.
Variations for this Recipe
I think it would be fun to do some other colors of hearts and I'd recommend trying out pineapple or dragonfruit to get some other textures and flavors.
- 1 small watermelon, cut into discs
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into discs
- 1 honeydew, cut into discs
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Cut the watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Thread the fruit onto the skewers till they have a mix of colors and fruits.
- To make a standing display, use half a small watermelon. Cut off the end so it stands flat and stick the skewers into it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g