This watermelon, blueberry, and feta salad recipe is a fruity, summer delight! The chopped mint and honey truly elevate this salad recipe.
This recipe is vegetarian and gluten-free. It can easily be made vegan if you sub out the feta.
Red, White, and Blue Salad Variations
This red white and blue salad is a perfect Memorial Day or Fourth of July side dish. It’s a celebratory cacophony of flavors and full of patriotic colors.
If you want to use other fruit in this recipe, you could use:
- Strawberries or raspberries in place of the watermelon
- Blackberries or concord grapes in place of the blueberries
- If you’d like to make this recipe vegan, but you still want to keep some white in the salad, you can use jicama or melon in place of the feta
- If you don’t want to use honey, you can use agave or maple syrup instead
More Fruity Salad Recipes You’ll Love
One of the best things about summer is the amazing produce!
It’s fresh and bright and oh-so-tasty. If you’re like me and love shopping farmer’s markets or trying unusual produce combinations, I know you’ll enjoy these fresh summer fruit salads.
- Summer Stone Fruit Salad
- Grilled Peach and Tomato Salad
- Mango Avocado and Blueberry Salad
- Cantaloupe Cucumber Salad
- Watermelon Summer Salad
Watermelon & Blueberry Salad Ingredients
To make this bright summer salad, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients! All you need is watermelon, blueberries, mint, honey, and feta.
How to Make This Watermelon Blueberry Salad
It’s crazy easy to make this salad. There are a few simple steps to follow!
- Combine the fruit. Add the watermelon, blueberries, mint, and honey in a large bowl. Stir to fully combine.
- Marinate. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the fruit to marinate.
- Put it all together. Add the feta to the fruit, stir to combine, and serve.
Tips for this Summer Salad
- You do not have to use a melon baller for this recipe – you could just chop up the watermelon, but there’s something fun about a variety of shapes in a salad. You can use a melon baller or a rounded teaspoon to make melon balls. If you don’t have a melon baller and would like to get one, I recommend this OXO Good Grips Melon Baller.
- I also used my favorite mixing bowls – these OXO Good Grips ones and my favorite “rubber scraper”, this silicone spatula – I use it for everything.
- This salad will keep in the fridge for two days.
I hope you love this summer watermelon and berry salad!
- 4 cups watermelon balled (about half a large watermelon)
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- Combine the watermelon, blueberries, mint, and honey in a large bowl. Stir to fully combine.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the fruit to marinate.
- Add the feta to the fruit, stir to combine, and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g