This easy, blended watermelon sorbet is so tasty! It's only a few ingredients and is a delightful and healthy watermelon dessert recipe.
While it does take a few hours to freeze, it only takes a few minutes of hands-on time to blend the watermelon.
Why You'll Love This Watermelon Dessert
This recipe is perfect for a hot summer day when you want an easy treat that will cool you off!
Watermelon is such a refreshing summer fruit and when it's frozen it's even better.
This recipe is great to serve at a summer BBQ and can easily be doubled or tripled for larger events.
Ingredients You'll Need
For this recipe, you'll need 4 cups of chopped watermelon. This was about 1 small, seedless watermelon for me. Or ⅓ to ½ of a larger watermelon. You'll want to use a very ripe melon that's juicy for the best flavor.
You'll also need 2 tablespoons of honey (or another sweetener of your choice - like agave or cane sugar), 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice, and 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
More Summer Dessert Recipes to Try
Love this fresh and fruity dessert? Check out some of our other favorite treats.
- Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles - These strawberry yogurt popsicles are a healthy, naturally sweetened dessert recipe. If you like strawberries and cream, you'll love these flavors.
- Cantaloupe Granita - This cantaloupe granita recipe is totally delicious! If you like fresh flavors and fruity desserts, this is the recipe for you.
- Blueberry Basil Coconut Milk Popsicles - These blueberry basil coconut milk popsicles are an unlikely flavor pairing that I find delightful!
- Magic Shell Smoothie Bowl - This easy magic shell smoothie bowl is a delicious and fun treat you've got to try!
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - You can use any sea salt you'd like for this recipe, but I love Maldon sea salt.
Recommended Tools - I highly recommend using a food processor for this recipe. You can use a blender, but the food processor works best!
Storing Tips - You can save this sorbet in the freezer for up to 3 months. You may want to allow it to warm up slightly before trying to scoop it (it freezes into near ice when in the freezer for more than 10 hours).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
This delicious watermelon sorbet recipe is made with only a few simple ingredients!
- 4 cups of watermelon chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freeze the watermelon in a large zip-top bag or Tupperware for 3 hours then blend in a food processor for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the honey, lime juice, and salt into the food processor and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Spread the watermelon puree into a large freezer-safe container and allow to freeze for another 3 hours.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 531mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g