This delicious artichoke white bean salad with shaved Brussels sprouts is a warm and flavorful meal.
The crisped roasted artichokes pair beautifully with the warm aromatics, Brussels sprouts, and white beans. It's a savory and filling lunch or dinner recipe.
Why You'll Love This Warm Artichoke Salad
This salad is so hearty. It's got heft from the white beans, and it has layers of flavor - from parmesan roasted artichokes to sauteed shallots.
This recipe keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats well - making it a perfect meal to take to work for lunch or meal prep.
It's naturally gluten-free too!
Ingredients You'll Need
Artichoke Hearts - You'll need 1 (14 ounce) can of artichoke hearts. I suggest getting halved or quartered artichoke hearts.
White Beans - You'll need 1 (14 ounce) can of cannellini beans. You can also use Great Northern beans if you'd prefer!
Brussels Sprouts - You'll need 2 cups of shredded Brussels sprouts. You can buy pre-shredded Brussels sprouts or cut about 5 to 7 large Brussels sprouts into very thin slivers.
Aromatics - You'll slice 1 shallot very thinly and mince 2 cloves of garlic.
Parmesan - You'll use ⅓ cup of shredded parmesan cheese to roast on top of the artichokes.
Toppings - You'll need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 teaspoons of sea salt, ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper, and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
More Artichoke Recipes
If you love recipes with artichokes, you've got to try some of our other favorites!
- Baked Stuffed Artichokes - a classic Italian side dish that's worth the effort.
- Artichoke Potato Salad with Dill - a unique take on potato salad with loads of herby deliciousness.
- Roasted Artichoke Hearts - a delicious appetizer or side dish.
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Pasta Shells - the coziest stuffed pasta recipe.
More Warm Salad Recipes to Try
Here are some other wonderful warm salad recipes you might like.
- Rainbow Carrot Salad with Quinoa - ribboned carrots with quinoa and feta.
- Spring Farro Salad - the best spring produce with radishes and cooked farro.
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad - tender salmon with lots of fresh greens and vegetables.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - Cook the shallots, Brussels sprouts, and beans while you're roasting the artichoke hearts in the oven. This will cut down on the overall cook time!
Storing Tips - This salad will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. You can reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat the artichoke hearts dry with a paper towel.
- Toss the artichoke hearts with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Place the artichoke hearts in a single layer across a parchment-lined baking sheet - cut side down. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the oven, flip them over and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the skillet and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the white beans and sauté for 1 minute, just till the beans are heated.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, beans, and roasted artichokes to a large bowl or serving plate and gently toss. Top with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 2828mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 15gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g