Tender salmon combines with crisp Romaine lettuce, juicy tomatoes and cucumbers, and much more for a delicious Mediterranean salmon salad recipe.
You'll flake the cooked salmon so you can have some of it in every bite. Every bit of this salad is succulent and fresh!
Why You'll Love this Awesome Salad
If you love seafood salads, you've got to try this dish - it's savory, fresh, and full of complementary flavors.
The buttery salmon is cooked to flaky perfection. This will be one of your new favorite recipes because it's so easy to make, makes for a filling meal, and has lots of fresh flavors.
You can scale this recipe up easily if you'd like to serve more people and it also saves well in the refrigerator.
Ingredients You'll Need
Salmon - You'll use 1 pound of salmon (you can use Atlantic, Sockeye, Coho, or any other type you have on hand). Good salmon will have a reddish hue with small white lines and no milky or dark spots.
Lettuce - You'll use 4 cups of chopped Romaine lettuce or another type of crunchy lettuce. You could also use iceberg lettuce or Boston lettuce.
Cucumbers - You'll need 3 small Persian cucumbers or 1 large English cucumber. Persian cucumbers have non-bitter skin that doesn't need to be peeled before serving!
Cherry Tomatoes - You'll need 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or another small tomato varietal.
Artichoke Hearts - You'll use 1 can (14.5 ounces) of artichoke hearts in water. You'll drain these before using them.
Olives - You'll need 1/2 cup of kalamata olives. I love kalamata olives because they're briny and have a great meaty texture. If you don't like kalamata olives, substitute them for a mellower flavor like Castelvrano olives.
Shallots - You'll need 1 medium shallot.
Feta - You'll use 1/2 cup of crumbly feta cheese. I love to make the crumbles extra small, so I get a little bit in each bite.
Dressing - To make the dressing, you'll use 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
More Seafood Recipes to Try
If you love this recipe, check out some of our other favorite fish and seafood recipes.
- Blackened Tilapia - a lightly spicy white fish recipe that is ready in about 10 minutes!
- Furikake Salmon - this easy mayo and furikake salmon recipe is so flavorful and ready in minutes.
- Crispy Baked Haddock - a tasty baked haddock recipe with a panko and parmesan topping.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - Watch the salmon carefully while it cooks so you don't overcook it. It can be helpful to have a digital read thermometer if you are worried about over or undercooking! Here are a few instant-read thermometers to choose from.
Storing Tips - This recipe will store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving. I wouldn't recommend reheating it.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - If you'd like to make this recipe dairy-free, leave off the feta cheese and add a sprinkle of pine nuts or another nut.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 pound salmon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 ounces crumbly feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pat the salmon dry and then salt it with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, reduce the heat to medium and add the salmon, skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes or until the salmon is flaky or reaches 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- When the salmon is done cooking, remove it from the pan and allow it to rest on a cutting board. When cooled slightly, flake it apart into smaller pieces.
- On a large serving platter, spread out the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives. Top the salad with the salmon pieces. Sprinkle the feta cheese across the top.
- Whisk together the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 948mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 30g