This delicious Mediterranean tuna salad recipe is easy to make! You will love how flavorful and fresh it is.
It's easy to pull this salad together using canned tuna. It makes for a delicious lunch recipe or light dinner.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
Why You'll Love This Mediterranean Tuna Salad
This healthy tuna salad is quick to pull together and so full of bright and fresh flavors! If you love healthy recipes you'll love this one.
The combination of bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives is a superb pairing. The bright veggies balance out the olive oil and buttery flavor of the tuna.
You can easily pull this salad together in advance (add the greens right before serving). You can also serve this in pita pockets as well if you'd like
Ingredients You'll Need
Greens - You'll need 2 cups of baby greens or spring mix for the base of this salad.
Vegetables - You'll use 1 red bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 large cucumber (or 3 small Persian cucumbers), 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, and ½ cup artichoke hearts. You'll dice all of these or slice them so you get some of each in every bite.
Tuna - You'll need one 5-ounce can of tuna. I used albacore tuna because I like that it comes in bigger pieces. You can use another kind of tuna, like chunk light tuna, which is typically made from smaller fish like skipjack or yellowfin. It comes in smaller pieces but is more flavorful.
Tuna provides heart-healthy fats (omega 3 fatty acids) similar to other fish.
Olives - You'll use ⅓ cup of kalamata olives (or other black olives). You'll chop them up or slice them so you get a little brininess in each bite.
Toppings - You'll need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper to top the salad.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Try
If you love Mediterranean flavors, try some of these delicious salads. Check out our Mediterranean diet Pinterest board for more ideas.
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad - This wonderful chickpea salad is an easy lunch recipe.
- Shepherd's Salad (Turkish Chopped Salad) - This simple chopped salad of cucumbers and tomatoes, combined with herbs is so flavorful.
- Mediterranean Salmon Recipe - This tasty seafood salad will be your new favorite easy meal.
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad - This delicious pasta salad is a great make ahead lunch or dinner recipe.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - Use the highest quality olive oil you have for this recipe. I'd recommend extra virgin olive oil from a good producer like California Olive Ranch.
Storing Tips - You can save this salad in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you want to make it ahead of time, add the greens right before serving so they don't wilt.
Optional Additions - you can top this salad with chopped parsley for a more herbaceous flavor, some crumbled feta cheese, or sunflower seeds if you want a little crunch.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 2 cups baby greens or spring mix
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) can of tuna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the baby greens, diced cucumber, diced bell peppers, halved tomatoes, and sliced olives into a large bowl. Flake the tuna into the bowl.
- Pour the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 773mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 15gSugar: 21gProtein: 23g