This delicious Mediterranean tuna salad recipe is easy to make! You will love how flavorful and fresh it is.
It's easy to pull this salad together using canned tuna. It makes for a delicious lunch recipe or light dinner.
This healthy salad is naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
This healthy tuna salad is quick to pull together and so full of bright and fresh flavors! If you love healthy recipes you'll love this one.
The combination of bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives is a superb pairing. The crunchy vegetables balance out the olive oil and buttery flavor of the tuna.
You can easily pull this salad together in advance (add the greens right before serving). You can also serve this in pita pockets as well if you'd like to make it a sandwich.
Check the nutrition facts in the recipe card below for full details, but this low carb, Mediterranean diet salad is high in fiber and protein.
Here's what you'll need to make this healthy tuna salad.
Greens - You'll need 2 cups of baby greens or spring mix for the base of this salad.
Vegetables - You'll use 1 red bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 large cucumber (or 3 small Persian cucumbers), 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, and ½ cup artichoke hearts. You'll dice all of these or slice them so you get some of each in every bite.
Tuna - You'll need one 5-ounce can of tuna. I used albacore tuna because I like that it comes in bigger pieces. You can use another kind of tuna, like chunk light tuna, which is typically made from smaller fish like skipjack or yellowfin. It comes in smaller pieces but is more flavorful.
Tuna provides heart-healthy fats (omega 3 fatty acids) similar to other fish.
Olives - You'll use ⅓ cup of kalamata olives (or other black olives). You'll chop them up or slice them so you get a little brininess in each bite.
Toppings - You'll need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper to top the salad.
Prepare your vegetables. Dice your orange and red peppers, halve the tomatoes, roughly chop the artichoke hearts, slice the olives, and peel and dice the cucumber.
Add the baby greens, diced cucumber, diced bell peppers, halved tomatoes, and sliced olives into a large bowl. Flake the tuna into the bowl.
Pour the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Pour into the large bowl and toss with the salad to combine.
More Easy Salad Recipes to Try
If you love Mediterranean flavors, try some of these delicious salads. Check these out the next time you want to make a fresh salad!
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad - This wonderful chickpea salad is an easy lunch recipe.
- Shepherd's Salad (Turkish Chopped Salad) - This simple chopped salad of cucumbers and tomatoes, combined with herbs is so flavorful.
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad - This tasty seafood salad will be your new favorite easy meal.
Substitutions & Variations
Need to make some changes to this salad? Here are some ingredients you can swap or add.
- Onion - you can add sliced red onion or shallots to this salad if you'd like some allium flavor.
- Fresh Herbs - soft herbs like fresh basil and fresh parsley would be a great addition to this salad.
- Vinegar - if you'd like a zestier dressing, add a tablespoon of either balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar.
- Canned Fish - you can swap the canned tuna for other fish like canned salmon.
- Oil - feel free to swap the olive oil for avocado oil if you'd prefer.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - Use the highest quality olive oil you have for this recipe. I'd recommend extra virgin olive oil from a good producer like California Olive Ranch.
Storing Tips - You can save this salad in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you want to make it ahead of time, add the greens right before serving so they don't wilt.
Optional Additions - you can top this salad with chopped parsley for a more herbaceous flavor, some crumbled feta cheese, or sunflower seeds if you want a little crunch.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 2 cups baby greens or spring mix
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 (5-ounce) can of tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the baby greens, diced cucumber, diced bell peppers, halved tomatoes, and sliced olives into a large bowl. Flake the tuna into the bowl.
- Pour the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 7gSugar: 11gProtein: 11g