This 15-minute Mediterranean chickpea salad with feta is a fantastic recipe that's quick to pull together. It's got loads of fresh flavors and is a great healthy lunch or side salad recipe.
It's made with a few simple ingredients, including some pantry ingredients. I'll give you ideas for substitutions you can make as well, in case you don't have something on hand.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegetarian.
Why You'll Love This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Recipe
You are going to love how easy this salad is to pull together. You'll chop several veggies and then it's just: assemble, toss, add the dressing, and toss once more!
This salad saves well in the refrigerator and can be eaten cold, making it a great make-ahead lunch for a weekday. It travels well, so you can take it to work or out for a picnic.
Ingredients You'll Need
Chickpeas - You'll need 1 (14.5-ounce) can of chickpeas. You'll rinse and drain the chickpeas before using them. If you want to use dried chickpeas, you can cook them and use 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas for this recipe.
Vegetables - For this salad, you'll need 3 Persian cucumbers or 1 English cucumber (it's important to use one of these because their skin is mild and doesn't need to be peeled before using), 1 bell pepper, and 1/2 a red onion.
Herbs - You'll use fresh parsley, mint, and dill for this recipe. You can switch any of these out for other soft, fresh herbs like oregano or cilantro.
Spices - You'll need a half teaspoon of sea salt, half a teaspoon of sumac, and a quarter teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
Feta - You'll use 2 ounces of crumbly feta cheese. I like to really crumble the feta so it's in small pieces, that way you get some in each bite.
Dressing - You'll top the salad with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
More Mediterranean Salad Recipes to Try
If you love fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices, you've got to try some of our other Mediterranean and Middle Eastern salads.
- Mediterranean Salmon Salad - a gorgeous, fresh salad with tender salmon.
- Shepherd's Salad (Turkish Chopped Salad) - a veg heavy side salad.
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad - soft greens with rotisserie chicken and olives.
- Salad Shirazi (Persian Cucumber & Tomato Salad) - a simple salad that pairs perfectly with many meals.
- Mediterranean Summer Salad - perfect for when tomatoes are at their peak!
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - This recipe calls for sumac (it's a tangy, citrusy spice). I like the sumac from The Spice House. You can also find it on Amazon from The Spice Way.
Storing Tips - You can save this salad in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - If you'd like to make this recipe vegan, leave out the feta and substitute it for vegan feta or more fresh herbs.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Persian cucumbers, diced (or 1 English cucumber)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the chickpeas, cucumbers, bell pepper, red onion, mint, parsley, dill, and feta in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, sumac, and black pepper to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or save in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
*If the red onion smells strong or if you’re worried about being overpowered by it, slice the onion and then add it to a bowl of ice water. Allow the onion slices to soak for 5 minutes and then add them to the salad. This will cut the stronger flavors of the onion.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 821mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 7g