This delicious Asian pear salad is made with blue cheese, arugula, frisée, and grapes. It's such a delicious and beautiful salad recipe.
It's a great side salad or could be enjoyed as a light lunch as well!
Why You'll Love this Asian Pear Salad
This salad has a lovely balance of flavors - from the bitter greens to the sweet grapes and the creamy cheese.
It's topped with an absolutely fantastic wholegrain mustard dressing that I know you'll love.
This recipe is perfect for a dinner party or a holiday meal.
Ingredients You'll Need
Dressing - To make the mustard vinaigrette you'll need olive oil, red wine vinegar, wholegrain mustard, sea salt, ground black pepper, and sugar.
Leaves - For the greens, you'll need baby arugula, some frisée lettuce, and half a radicchio.
Fruit - You'll use both Asian pears and red grapes to add sweetness to this salad.
Cheese - To add the savory creaminess to this salad, you'll use several ounces of blue cheese.
What Are Asian Pears?
Asian pears are a yellow-green, plump, and juicy pear that's a lot like an apple. They typically have a shape similar to an apple (unlike the typical triangular pear shape).
They're eaten when they're firm and don't need to ripen on the counter like other pears. They're best eaten fresh or in sauces (like Korean barbecue sauce).
Asian pears don't bake well - I would recommend against trying to poach them or use them in a crumble, etc. Their flavor shines in a fresh and crisp salad!
More Delicious Salad Recipes to Try
We love a beautiful and unusual salad recipe - try some of our favorite recipes!
- Kumquat Radish Salad with Dukkah - a unique salad recipe with a wonderful combination of fresh ingredients and a nutty topping.
- Melon Prosciutto Salad - a beautiful salad with honeydew, cantaloupe, mozzarella, and prosciutto.
- All the Radishes Salad - several types of stunning radishes, combine with shaved parmesan cheese.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - This is my absolute favorite wholegrain mustard - Maille, Old Style - I highly recommend it!
Storing Tips - This recipe will save in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you're making it in advance, store the dressing separately and dress it before serving.
Cheese Alternatives - If you don't like blue cheese, substitute it for some crumbled feta or shaved parmesan.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups chopped frisée
- ½ head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 3 Asian pears, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, wholegrain mustard, salt, pepper, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the arugula, frisée, and radicchio to the mixing bowl. Toss to combine with the dressing.
- Add the grapes, most of the blue cheese (reserve a little for topping), and most of the pears (reserve several slices for topping) to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Top the salad with the remaining cheese and slices of pear.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 827mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 6g