This easy chickpea cucumber and feta salad is ready in about 15 minutes! It’s a great light lunch for two or a side dish for four.
The crunch from the cucumbers pairs beautifully with the creaminess of the chickpeas and feta. It’s rounded out with some lovely allium flavor from the slivered shallot.
It’s perfect for a day when you just don’t want to turn on the stove and need something quick!
Why You’ll Love This Simple Salad
What’s not to love about an easy salad recipe? This chickpea salad might only have a few ingredients but it still packs in a punch of flavor. I love the bright, crispness of the cucumbers too – they really make this salad.
Chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein. They’ll keep you feeling full, making this a perfect take-to-work lunch or a side salad served alongside some roast chicken.
This salad travels well and develops great flavor a day or two in (the shallot mellows a little too). You can make it ahead of time and save it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Ingredients for a Chickpea Salad
To make this recipe you’ll need a can of chickpeas, five small cucumbers, 3 ounces of crumbled feta, a shallot, a lemon, two tablespoons olive oil, a teaspoon of kosher salt, and half a teaspoon of black pepper.
If you can’t find small, Persian cucumbers, you can substitute them for one large English cucumber, or two hothouse cucumbers (peel the skin off of these as it tends to be bitter).
More Easy Salad Recipes to Try
If you love bright and fresh salads like this, give some of these other Mediterranean-inspired salads a try.
- Watermelon Olive Salad – an unusual, but fabulous flavor combination.
- Roasted Chickpea Salad Recipe – spice roasted chickpeas are paired with fresh veggies for a delicious dish.
- Mediterranean Summer Salad – this salad is absolutely bursting with flavor from the fresh cherry tomatoes and herbs.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips – If you don’t want to use canned chickpeas, you can use dried chickpeas. A can of chickpeas is 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas. Here’s how to make dried chickpeas in an instant pot or on the stovetop.
Storing Tips – You can save this salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. There’s no need to heat it up before you serve it, but you can let it come to room temperature for 10 minutes if you’d like.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives – If you’d like to make this recipe vegan, sub out the feta for some black or green olives.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 small, Persian cucumbers, sliced into coins
- 3 ounces of crumbled feta
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the chickpeas, cucumbers, feta, and shallot in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Pour across the chickpea cucumber mixture. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
If you can't find small cucumbers, substitute them for one large, English cucumber or 2 hothouse cucumbers (peel the skin off the hothouse cucumbers, it's often bitter).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 1031mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 11g