This fantastic and fresh corn feta salad recipe is a great simple side dish! You'll combine sweet corn, fresh herbs, jalapeno, and crumbly feta for a fantastic salad recipe.
You don't even need to cook the corn as sweet corn can be eaten fresh. It's as simple as chopping a few ingredients and stirring them together.
I like this salad as a light lunch or a side dish for grilled chicken or steak.
This corn and feta salad with jalapenos is bright and flavorful, showcasing one of the summer's most delicious vegetables - sweet corn.
Sweet corn has a higher sugar content than regular corn and can be eaten raw. It has a kind of milky flavor and is very tender. If you're used to grilling or roasting your sweet corn, this will be a fun new way to enjoy it.
This salad, full of fresh veggies, is ready in just a few minutes and it saves well in the refrigerator making it an easy salad for a picnic or summer BBQs. It will be welcomed on any dinner table.
Here's what you'll need to make this summer corn salad recipe.
- Fresh Sweet Corn (you'll use raw corn, no need to cook it)
- Feta Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Fresh Mint
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Fresh Lime Juice
See the recipe card for quantities.
Slice the lime in half, chop the jalapeno pepper, and finely chop the mint and parsley.
To remove the kernels from the ears of corn, place a small bowl, flipped upside down, inside a large bowl. Angle the corn cob and slice the corn off the cob with a sharp knife.
Remove the small bowl and leave the corn kernels in the large bowl.
Add the feta cheese, parsley, jalapeño, and mint to the bowl. Toss to combine.
Pour the olive oil over the salad, sprinkle on the flaky sea salt, and squeeze on the lime juice.
Stir to combine and serve immediately.
More Recipes With Corn
Like cooking with corn? Try some of our other favorite recipes with sweet corn.
- Grilled Corn in the Husk - the easiest way to cook sweet corn!
- Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad - this delicious corn, black bean, and avocado salad is a summer favorite.
- Corn Chicken Chowder - this cozy chowder is a real treat!
Substitutions & Variations
Here are some changes you can make to this salad.
- Onion - if you want to add the sharp notes of an onion to this dish, I recommend finely chopped red onion, shallots, or green onions.
- Herbs - you can add additional fresh herbs to this recipe, fresh basil and fresh cilantro both work well.
- Lemon - you can swap the lime juice for lemon juice, red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar.
- Spices - feel free to punch of the flavors of this salad by adding ground black pepper, paprika, or sumac to this recipe.
- Veggies - feel free to add other fresh vegetables you have on hand like juicy tomatoes or bright bell pepper.
This corn and feta salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to four days in an airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Preparation Tips - I highly recommend using a very sharp knife to remove the corn from the cob. You don't want to be sawing the corn, it should easily slice of the cob.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - To make this salad vegan, swap the feta cheese for sliced avocado.
Alternate Methods - to make this similar to Mexican street corn salad, you can either roast the corn on a rimmed baking sheet or grill it on medium-high heat before adding it to the salad.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- juice from 1 lime
- Place a small bowl, flipped upside down, inside a larger bowl. Angle the corn cob and slice the corn off the cob. Remove the small bowl and leave the corn kernels in the large bowl.
- Add the feta cheese, parsley, jalapeño, and mint to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour the olive oil over the salad, sprinkle on the flaky sea salt, and squeeze on the lime juice. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g