If you love summer produce, you've got to try these fresh and delicious summer salads!
We've rounded up several summer salad recipes that include berries, tomatoes, fresh herbs, stone fruit, and more of the season's best flavors.
Summer is one of the best seasons for fresh produce - the fresh vegetables and fruit are absolutely bursting with flavor. So you don't need to do much to them to make a delicious meal or side dish.
Salads are also great on a hot day when you just don't want to turn on the stove. You can assemble a salad with little to no heat and have your main course ready in less than 30 minutes.
We're sharing some ideas for classic summer salads, salads perfect for a picnic, and some fun pasta salads. We hope you'll find something new to try and that you enjoy these healthy summer salad recipes!
Classic Summer Salads
- Avocado Caprese Salad - this gorgeous salad combines juicy tomatoes, ripe avocado, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, fresh basil, and balsamic for a classic salad recipe with a kick.
- Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad - The combination of roasted sweet corn, black beans, and chopped bell peppers can't be beat!
- Grilled Peach and Tomato Salad - juicy peaches grilled to perfection, served with fresh summer tomatoes and a hit of vinaigrette!
Summer Veggie Salads
- Shepherd's Salad (Turkish Chopped Salad) - this colorful salad is so simple to pull together!
- Tatsoi Salad - Fresh tatsoi greens with strips of cucumber and radish combine for a cooling and refreshing green salad.
- Easy Tomato Salad with Tarragon Pesto - This fresh tomato salad is topped with a homemade tarragon pesto and pine nuts.
- Daikon Radish Cucumber Salad - You may have to hit up the farmer's market to find some purple daikon radish, but it will all be worth it when you combine it with some fresh cucumber!
- Mediterranean Summer Salad - this gorgeous tomato salad is absolutely bursting with flavor. It's a herbacious salad that has a suprising depth of flavor.
- Turkish Cucumber Salad - this refreshing salad is made with cool cucumber and yogurt for a simple but delicious side dish.
- Tabouli Recipe - this chopped herb salad is a classic summer side dish in the Middle East. It's easy to serve alongside a grilled chicken or other BBQ recipes.
Summer Fruit Salads
- Mexican Watermelon Salad - this kicky salad is full of flavor. The chili lime seasoning blend that tops the watermelon is the best way to enjoy sweet with a little bit of heat.
- Watermelon, Blueberry, and Feta Salad - this fresh berry, watermelon, and feta cheese salad is so juicy and tasty!
- Watermelon Olive Salad - this unusual flavor combination is a fantastic blend of salty and sweet.
- Mango Avocado Salad with Blueberries - this creamy avocado, blueberry, and fresh mango salad is going to be your favorite new side dish!
- Watermelon Summer Salad - This watermelon, apple, and cantaloupe salad is a stunner. It's a great combination of flavors and textures.
- Summer Stone Fruit Salad -
- Strawberry and Cantaloupe Salad - this simple salad is a summer classic. It's absolutely bursting with flavor and color.
Summer Pasta Salads
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad - This delicious Mediterranean pasta salad feeds a crowd! It's got loads of fresh veggies and bright ingredients.
- Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe - This healthy pesto pasta salad recipe is full of flavor. The roasted veggies, grilled corn, and homemade pesto make this a standout summer recipe.
- Greek Pasta Salad - this classic Greek salad in a picnic-ready pasta salad! We've got kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta cheese, all tossed with pasta and a lemony dressing.
- Italian Pasta Salad - this refreshing Italian Pasta Salad! Made with tender pasta, smoked salami, fresh veggies and herbs, two types of cheese, and a tangy homemade Italian dressing.
- Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad - This 20-minute take on Mexican street corn salad is loaded with fire-roasted corn, Cotija, and a deliciously tangy, creamy dressing.
Summer Salads for a Crowd
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad - this awesome chicken, green, and red peppers salad topped with and easy dressing is perfect for a picnic.
- Delicious Bean Salad - this white bean and veggie salad is heart and healthy.
- Green Goddess Cabbage Salad - this chopped cabbage, cucumber, lime juice, and herbs salad feeds a crowd.
- Salad Shirazi (Persian Cucumber & Tomato Salad) - this easy salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, and aromatics is an easy side dish for a summer meal.
- Black Bean Salad with Bell Peppers - this hearty black bean and bell pepper salad with fajita seasoning is a crowd favorite!
Vegetarian Summer Salads
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad - this easy recipe can be pulled together on your lunch break. It's the perfect easy recipe to keep you full all afternoon. You'll combine chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, and bell pepper for a fresh lunch.
- Rainbow Carrot Salad with Quinoa - this beautiful and colorful carrot salad is a warm side salad or main course.
- Grilled Halloumi Salad - fire up the grill and melt some delicious halloumi cheese to top this green salad with fresh tomatoes.
- Turkish Potato Salad - the best picnic recipe, this hearty potato salad with green onions hits the spot!
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad - The prettiest and freshest summer salad recipe. This cucumber and strawberry salad is so easy to pull together.
Summer Salads: Caprese Salad with Avocado
Try one of our favorite summer salads - this delicious Caprese salad with avocado is the absolute best recipe!
- 2 medium tomatoes (heirloom or hothouse), sliced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls (Ciliegine or other)
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 10 to 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Arrange the tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and avocado on a large plate or bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic reduction, flaky sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Garnish with the chopped fresh basil.
- Allow the salad to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. This will allow the tomatoes, cheese, and avocado to marinate in the oil, balsamic, and salt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 567mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 13g
We hope you enjoyed our best summer salads recipes. Let us know in the comments below what your favorite summer salads are!