This easy green salad is quick + delightful. It's got a mustardy dressing that tastes great tossed with any soft green.
The dressing is inspired by the delicious mustard and vinegar dressing from the famous Parisian bistro Relais de l'Entrecôte.
Why You Should Make this Salad
This salad is ready in mere minutes and while it's simple to make, it has wonderful, complex flavors from the vinegar mustard dressing.
You can scale it up or down easily and add optional toppings (like toasted walnuts or shredded parm).
What You'll Need to Make this Salad
To make this recipe, you'll need:
- Baby Greens or Other Soft Lettuce. I like this recipe with a mix of baby greens, chopped butter lettuce, or chopped romaine.
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Stoneground or wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
More Green Salads You'll Love
If you like an easy side salad, check out some of our other favorites.
- The Best Green Salad Recipe - soft butter lettuce combined with crumbled parm, red onions, and panko
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad - a hearty salad made with massaged kale, shredded sprouts, and sliced apples
- Shaved Zucchini Salad - fresh, ribboned zucchini combined with soft cheese and pine nuts
Tips for Making a Simple Green Salad
- This salad is best served immediately after you make it. While you technically can save it in the refrigerator, I don't recommend it - it will be too wilted.
- I used baby greens for this recipe, but I've also made it with butter lettuce and romaine. Any soft lettuce will work well!
- If this salad is too simple for you, add some shredded parmesan or toasted nuts.
Yield: 4 servings
Easy Green Side Salad
This easy green salad has a mustardy dressing that tastes great tossed with any soft green.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Additional Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
- 5 ounces baby greens
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stoneground or whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl till fully combined.
- Add the greens to the bowl and toss till the dressing has covered the greens.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g