This tasty and healthy banana split recipe is easy to pull together and a great little snack or dessert.
Our banana split is a healthy twist on a classic favorite. It contains healthy ingredients and makes for a tasty snack or even a fun breakfast!
If you love the sweetness and the fun of a traditional banana split but need a healthier option, you've got to try this recipe!
Here are the simple ingredients you'll need to make this delicious alternative banana split.
- Flavored or Plain Greek Yogurt
- Almond Butter (or peanut butter or other nut butters)
- Fresh Fruit (Blueberries, Strawberries, Pomegranate, etc.)
See the recipe card for quantities.
Slice the banana in half lengthwise and place it on a plate.
Spoon the yogurt into the center and place the granola and fruit on top.
Spoon the almond butter or other nut butter onto the banana split.
More Healthy Fruit Recipes
Try some other fruit-forward sweet treats!
Substitutions & Variations
Want to make some ingredient swaps? Here are some optional changes you can make!
- Cottage Cheese - Instead of using yogurt, you can swap in whipped cottage cheese for additional protein!
- Vegan - Use a dairy-free yogurt like coconut yogurt if you'd like this recipe to be plant-based.
- Toppings - Add other toppings to make this more like classic banana splits, like chocolate sauce (or melted chocolate), dark chocolate chips, maraschino cherries, or whipped cream.
The assembled banana split will keep in the refrigerator for up to a day, but it is best served fresh as the banana will brown.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Recommended Serving - You can serve this dish on a small plate (like I did) or go all out and serve it in a banana split bowl.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - Use dairy-free yogurt to make this recipe vegan (like cashew yogurt, coconut yogurt, or oat yogurt).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 banana
- 5 ounces strawberry Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh fruit (berries or other fruit of your choice)
- ¼ cup granola
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- optional - 2 teaspoons of water
- Slice the banana in half lengthwise and place it on a plate.
- Spoon the yogurt into the center and sprinkle the granola and fruit on top.
- Drizzle the almond butter onto the banana split. If the almond butter is too thick to drizzle, mix it with a few teaspoons of water until it is slightly runny.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 11gSugar: 61gProtein: 20g