This super cute watermelon pizza is a great healthy snack! Kids and adults alike will love this fruit pizza with yogurt and berries.
It's a great way to enjoy a slice of fresh watermelon on a hot day! And a fun way to make dessert pizza.
Choose a ripe, juicy watermelon for this recipe - they're in season from May to September but at their peak in July and August.
You'll top a plate of watermelon with creamy yogurt, sweet honey, and fresh fruit to make a healthy fruit pizza. Serve it as an after-school snack or healthy dessert.
Who doesn't love thirst-quenching watermelon on a hot summer day?
Here are the simple ingredients you'll need to make this watermelon pizza recipe.
- Ripe Watermelon (here's a guide on how to pick a ripe mini watermelon)
- Greek Yogurt (or plain yogurt)
- Fresh berries and fruit of your choice (blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, pomegranate seeds, etc)
See the recipe card for quantities.
Use a sharp knife and cutting board to cut a mini watermelon so you can a plate-like round slice about 1 to 1 ½ inches thick.
Cut the watermelon so there are 4 or 6 ‘pizza slices’.
Spoon the yogurt onto the watermelon wedges and spread it out flat.
Top the yogurt with a drizzle of honey and fresh summer fruit!
More Great Watermelon Recipes
Here are some of our favorite summer watermelon recipes!
Substitutions & Variations
Want to make some changes to this recipe? Here are some optional swaps you can make.
- Yogurt - you can use any type of yogurt you'd like - plain yogurt, vanilla yogurt, or even a plant-based yogurt like coconut yogurt. If you want an even sweeter dessert pizza - you can swap the yogurt for a cream cheese frosting.
- Sweetener - swap the honey for maple syrup or agave if you'd prefer, or leave it off completely.
- Toppings - use a variety of fruits of your choosing or add some additional toppings like chopped mint leaves, edible flowers, sprinkles, granola, coconut flakes, or toasted nuts.
I don't recommend storing the watermelon pizza for more than a day in the fridge. The yogurt will make it too soggy.
If you'd like to prep this recipe in advance, cut watermelon slices will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Tools - I highly recommend using a large, sharp knife (like a chef's knife) to cut through the watermelon.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - Use coconut yogurt if you'd like this recipe to be vegan.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 round slice of watermelon (at least 1-inch thick)
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup of fresh fruit (berries, kiwi, pineapple, pomegranate seeds, etc)
- optional - additional toppings like fresh mint leaves, granola, or toasted nuts
- Use a sharp knife to cut a mini watermelon to make a plate-like round slice about 1 to 1 ½ inches thick.
- Cut the watermelon so there are 4 or 6 ‘pizza slices’.
- Spoon the yogurt onto the slices and spread it out flat.
- Top the yogurt with a drizzle of honey and your favorite fruits.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 10g