We've rounded up more than 50 of our favorite healthy chicken recipes that are perfect for weeknight meals.
If you've got chicken breasts, a whole chicken, or chicken thighs and are wondering what to do with them - we've got some ideas for you!
We've included our favorite chicken pasta, chicken salads, chicken soups, roasted chicken, and grilled chicken recipes.
Let us know what you make in the comments below!
Classic Chicken Recipes
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs - These lemon pepper chicken thighs are a zesty and delicious weeknight meal. They're so juicy and flavorful while still be really easy to make!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner - An easy to make sheet pan dinner made with chicken thighs, yellow potatoes and fresh green beans. Everything is made with just one pan and roasted in the oven.
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters - Make juicy baked chicken leg quarters with crispy skin and potatoes for an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love. Made in one pan with a delicious and easy all purpose marinade.
- Oven Fried Chicken Fingers - These baked paleo chicken tenders are crispy, full of flavor and SO easy to make! Dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes and everyone will be happy!
- Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken with Parmesan Asparagus - This Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken is quick and easy, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
- Chicken Piccata - This bright and flavorful lemon Chicken Piccata recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner, easily homemade in less than 30 minutes with just one skillet!
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Apples, Sweet Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts - This sheet pan chicken with sweet potatoes is naturally sweet, flavorful, and full of nutrition. Meal prep–friendly, Whole30 friendly, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Awesome Lemon Chicken Pasta - This easy lemon chicken pasta is full of flavor! It's a delicious, weeknight meal that you will love. The bright flavor of the lemon, mixed with the subtle leeks, spinach, and parmesan is unbelievably good!
- Lemon Chicken with Orzo - This lemon chicken with orzo recipe is a delicious weeknight meal. It takes less than 30 minutes to make, a large chunk of which is hands-off time. The best part is it's made in one-pot, so requires very little cleanup!
- Bruschetta Chicken Pasta - Bruschetta chicken pasta brings two best worlds together – chicken pasta and flavors of fresh bruschetta. It’s simple and very flavorful versatile chicken pasta dish that can be a complete meal.
- Spicy Chicken Pasta - This spicy chicken pasta has tender pan-fried chicken and a tomato sauce with a kick! It's ready in about 30 minutes for an easy weeknight option.
Mediterranean Chicken Recipes
- Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemon - This delicious Moroccan chicken recipe is wonderfully flavored! It's served with preserved lemon, green olives, and tomatoes. Pair it with couscous or rice for a fabulous meal.
- Roasted Harissa Chicken and Potatoes - This recipe for Roasted Harissa Chicken and Potatoes is wonderfully delicious and full of flavors.Baked on a sheet pan, it's an easy recipe to pull together. While it does take some time to roast, it's largely hands-off time.
- One Pot Greek Chicken and Rice - This One Pot Chicken and Rice recipe combines all the flavor of Greek Salad with tender chicken and the most delicious rice. An easy one-pan recipe that is both hearty and healthy.
- Hawaij Chicken Recipe - This hawaij chicken recipe is truly wonderful! It’s full of flavor and so well spiced with the spice rub.
- Dukkah Spiced Chicken with Carrots - This perfectly roasted dukkah spice chicken breast is crusted with a flavorful, crunchy middle eastern spice blend and paired with honey roasted carrots for a perfect healthy meal.
- Greek Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner - Bring Greek flavors into your kitchen with this Greek sheet pan chicken dinner. Easy, nutritious, flavorful meal that’s not too hard to make. Gluten-free and low carb.
- Healthy Tuscan Chicken - Chilly nights call for easy, cozy dinners! This Healthy Tuscan Chicken is all kinds of delicious and super simple to make in just one skillet, plus it’s loaded with veggies and budget friendly!
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki - Fire up the grill and transport yourself to the mediterranean with Greek Chicken Souvlaki! These kabobs are juicy and flavorful with make ahead options for dinnertime success. They cook up in just 15 minutes!
Indian Inspired Chicken Recipes
- Quick & Easy Chicken Tikka Masala - This creamy, delicious chicken tikka masala is ready in about 30 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight meal. Serve it with naan or rice for a delightful meal.
- Saag Chicken (Chicken Spinach Curry) - Saag Chicken a delicious Indian curry in which marinated chicken is cooked in a sauce made of spinach and Indian spices
- The Ultimate Easy Chicken Korma - The entire korma sauce is prepped in the blender in minutes to make an easy, healthy chicken curry. Pieces of chicken breast are sauteed and simmered in a simple thick and creamy sauce. The best part? It's on your table in 25 minutes!
- Turmeric Chicken with Chickpeas - This creamy turmeric chicken is an easy one-skillet meal with hearty chickpeas. Serve it over rice with a cilantro garnish for a delicious dinner in under 30 minutes.
Tex-Mex Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Tajin Seasoned Chicken Fajitas - With its mild heat and kick of lime, Tajin is the perfect seasoning to add to chicken fajitas. Juicy, tender and flavorful Grilled Tajin-Seasoned Chicken Fajitas with grilled peppers and onions are a fun, festive meal that’s sure to put a smile on everyone’s face!
- Chicken Chili with Black Beans - This chicken chili with black beans recipe is delicious and easy to make! It's a wonderful combination of shredded chicken, black beans, kidney beans, bell peppers, spices, and beer.
- Chipotle Chicken (Copycat) - Save money by skipping takeout and enjoy this copycat Chipotle chicken at home. It’s so easy to make this flavorful marinade and tender chicken. Plus, it’s tastier and healthier than eating out.
- Easy Chicken Burrito Bowl - This healthy chicken burrito bowl is perfect for meal prep! Top brown rice with grilled marinated chicken, charred veggies, cheese and a big scoop of homemade guacamole.
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas - Skillet Chicken Fajitas served in a hot skillet or a sizzling hot platter with sautéed onions, peppers, mushrooms, avocado, or Guacamole, and served with Pico De Gallo on the side!
- Mexican Chicken and Zucchini Skillet - 30-Minute Mexican Chicken and Zucchini Skillet couldn’t be any easier to make and results in a nutritious, tasty meal! Simply toss everything in one skillet, cook, and you’re in for a lovely lunch or dinner.
Asian Inspired Chicken Recipes
- Cashew Chicken - Saucy, sticky, crispy, sweet and savory Cashew Chicken! Just like your favorite takeout, but made easy at home. Served with steamy rice and broccoli.
- Ground Chicken Stir Fry - This ground chicken stir fry is quick, easy and so delicious! Better than takeout! It is loaded with ground chicken, veggies and the most fantastic sweet and savory sauce.
- Thai Holy Basil Chicken - This is a quick and easy spicy Thai chicken stir-fry. It’s delicious and filling with rice.
- Moo Goo Gai Pan - This Chicken with Mushrooms recipe is packed with veggies including napa cabbage and snow peas. It's also easy to make and super tasty!
- Larp (THAI/LAOS CHICKEN SALAD) - This Laos/Thai chicken salad is a delicious combination of lean chicken, herbs and spices. It makes a great appetizer, potluck dish or add sides to make a fuller meal
- Chicken Panang Curry - This satisfying Chicken Panang Curry Recipe has a creamy coconut milk base and a delicately balanced flavor profile, and comes together in just 30 minutes!
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos - Get an easy, no-fuss dinner on the table with this recipe for slow cooker chicken tacos made with chicken breasts. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep, making it the perfect crockpot dish.
- Healthy Crockpot Chicken Chili - This crockpot chicken chili recipe is easy to make and is a delicious, healthy meal to feed a crowd. Loaded with veggies, fiber and protein this chicken chili is even freezer-friendly.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Banh Mi Sandwiches - Slow Cooker Chicken Banh Mi Vietnamese Sandwiches are easy to make in the slow cooker. They're healthy, loaded with fresh veggies, and full of flavor.
- Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup - Crockpot Chicken Vegetable Soup is a hands-free, slow cooked chicken soup that tastes like Grandma made it. Boneless chicken thighs, fresh vegetables, chicken broth, and savory seasonings create all the flavor and comfort of classic homemade chicken soup.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bhuna - Full of flavour from tomatoes, chillies and onion coated in a medley of spices; this medium heat curry isn’t just tasty but also amazingly quick to prepare.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Wraps - Slow cooker chicken lettuce wraps are a delicious and easy, anytime meal. Shredded chicken and Asian veggies slow cooked in an amazing sauce all wrapped up in crunchy lettuce leaves.
Chicken Soup Recipes
- Lemon Chicken Rice Soup - This lemon chicken rice soup recipe is perfect for when you want a cozy bowl of warm and hearty soup. While this soup is on the thicker side, from the rice and chicken, it's brightened up with the freshness of the lemon juice, leeks, carrots, and celery.
- White Bean Soup with Chicken - This white bean soup with chicken, basil, and lemon is a healthy and delicious dinner recipe. It's hearty, filling, and full of flavor.
- Corn Chicken Chowder - This chicken corn chowder soup is rich, delicious, and creamy. You can make it with either fresh or frozen corn and it's a wonderfully tasty recipe.
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup - This homemade chicken noodle soup recipe is wonderfully quick and easy, made from scratch with pantry staples. It’s classic comfort food in a bowl and like a warm hug from your grandma and good for you!
- Easy Chicken Stew Recipe - This hearty Chicken Stew recipe is out of this world! Slowly cooked in the oven, it’s made with tender vegetables and juicy chicken thighs, smothered in thick gravy. It will be a perfect comfort meal for a cold night.
- Jocón de Pollo – Easy Guatemalan Chicken Stew - Bursting with the fresh flavour of cilantro and tomatillos, this traditional Guatemalan chicken stew makes an easy, healthy dinner.
- Chicken Pastina Soup - Chicken Pastina Soup is ready in less than an hour! This Italian chicken soup with little pasta shapes features shredded chicken breasts and full-bodied flavor from onions, carrots, celery and stock.
Chicken Salad Recipes
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad - This Mediterranean chicken salad is everything you need in an easy, quick weeknight meal. It's full of delicious flavors - artichokes, bell peppers, beans, chickpeas - it has everything.
- Chicken and Apple Salad - This Chicken and Apple Salad is a satisfying salad that can be the main course or a side! The dressing is a sweet apple vinaigrette and the toppings add extra flavors and textures for interest.
- Strawberry Chicken Salad - This easy Strawberry Chicken Salad and the Creamy Maple Dressing that goes with it are so delicious! It's the perfect summer salad.
- Chicken Caesar Salad - Chicken Caesar Salad is a must in the recipe file and this one definitely does not disappoint! Plus it’s made healthier by using mostly Greek yogurt in part for the mayonnaise and olive oil in the dressing.
Whole Chicken Recipes
- Dutch Oven Whole Roast Chicken - Dutch oven chicken is true comfort food with unforgettable flavor! Juicy chicken, crispy skin, and veggie sides all done in one pot makes family dinners a breeze!
- Slow Cooker Whole Chicken - This recipe for a slow cooker whole chicken is guaranteed to make succulent and tasty chicken with minimal fuss. Dress it up with all the trimmings for your Sunday lunch, or serve with a simple salad for an easy mid-week dinner.
- Jamie Oliver’s Chicken in Milk - When you read the recipe, you’ll be dubious. There is no denying this is an odd combination of ingredients. But I promise you, this Chicken in Milk is seriously delicious.
- Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken - This roast chicken is packed with unbelievable flavours, crispy skin, and so juicy! Nothing beats an easy to make and even easier to prepare roast chook! Especially when roasted with garlic butter, rosemary, parsley, lemon, and a hint of white wine.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon pepper seasoning*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim any excess fat off the chicken thighs.
- Toss the chicken thighs with olive oil and then lay flat in a baking dish. Sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning across the chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 on an instant-read thermometer.
*We make our own lemon pepper seasoning blend that has salt. Either use this blend or purchase one, but if yours doesn't have salt, add at least 1 teaspoon of kosher salt to your chicken as well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 5142mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 56g