If you've got some extra Greek yogurt and are looking for ways to use it up, look no further! We've got lots of ideas for using your Greek yogurt in sauces, marinades, doughs, desserts, and more.
Greek yogurt is a strained yogurt that's thicker than plain yogurt. Its consistency makes it perfect for many recipes.
Leftover Greek Yogurt Recipes
Some of these recipes and ideas call for a cup or less of Greek yogurt, so even if you've only got a little left, you'll be able to find a way to use it!
- Tzatziki - one of the most popular ways to enjoy Greek Yogurt is in the Mediterranean cucumber dip tzatziki. Use it as a topping for meat or on a mezze platter. Check out our radish tzatziki as well!
- Overnight Oats - use Greek yogurt with oats, sweeteners, and peanut butter for an easy, delicious breakfast recipe.
- Pizza Dough - combine Greek yogurt with flour, baking powder, and a few spices for fabulous pizza dough.
- Two Ingredient Bread - Greek yogurt plus self-rising flour create an easy, all-purpose dough. Use it for rolls, flatbread, and more.
- Caesar Dressing - a rich and flavorful dressing with Greek yogurt, anchovies, and parmesan.
- Pound Cake - a lemon berry pound cake that uses a cup of Greek yogurt for flavor and moisture.
- Yogurt Bark - freeze Greek yogurt with berries for a healthier treat.
- Sour Cream Substitute - substitute sour cream for whole milk Greek yogurt - it's the closest in texture and flavor. It's a 1 to 1 substitution so just use the same amount of yogurt that you would sour cream.
- Chicken Marinade - Yogurt marinated chicken is incredibly delicious. Mix it with spices and lemon for a very juicy chicken recipe.
- Chicken Tikka Masala - use Greek yogurt in this delicious Indian stew recipe.
- Dessert Dip - Combine honey, nut butter, cocoa powder, and Greek yogurt for an easy and delicious dessert dip.
- Frozen Yogurt Bites - an easy one bite treat that combines Greek yogurt, granola, and fruit for a grab-and-go dessert or breakfast.
- Mac & Cheese Mix In - Mix in 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt in place of milk in boxed mac and cheese for a creamier dish.
- Dog Treats - Combine nut butter, Greek yogurt, and banana for a homemade treat for your furry friend!