This viral TikTok recipe for milk ramen with an egg is so delicious and easy to make!
It’s super easy to make and ready in about 10 minutes. The milk adds a really creamy base and makes instant ramen way more exciting.
Why You’ve Got to Try this Milk Ramen Recipe
This awesome ramen recipe was shared on TikTok in Japan and Korea and has gone viral because it’s so good!
It’s really easy to make and has so much great flavor. The milk perfectly poaches the egg and makes a rich, creamy sauce.
Topping the ramen with some fresh green onions adds a bright note to the dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
It’s super easy to make this ramen recipe. The most important choice to make will be what instant ramen you want to use! We’ve made this recipe with several types, but it needs to have a spice packet.
For this recipe, you’ll need a package of instant ramen, an egg, a cup of milk, some chopped green onion, and chili oil (optional). If you want, you can use some sesame seeds as a topping.
More Ramen Recipes to Try
If you like these flavors, you’ve got to try some of our other favorite recipes.
- Miso Ramen Recipe with Bok Choy – A quick ramen recipe that has great flavor.
- Kewpie Mayo Ramen – an easy instant ramen recipe with a mayo and egg base.
Tips for this Recipe
Cooking Tips – Remember to only cook the ramen noodles in the water for 1 and a half minutes. Don’t let them stay in longer or the noodles will overcook in the milk!
Equipment Suggestions – Use the smallest pot you have (that the noodles fit in) to cook this recipe. The water and milk will come to a boil faster.
Ingredient Tips – You can use any instant ramen you’d like for this recipe, but it works best with ramen that has a separate spice package (not cup of noodles).
Alternate Cooking Methods – You can add more veggies if you’d like! I’ve seen people add sautéed onions and mushrooms to this as well.
Storage Tips – This recipe is best eaten immediately. I would not recommend saving and reheating ramen as the noodles will get overcooked.
- 1 package of instant ramen
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon chili oil (optional)
- In a small pot, heat three cups of water over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the noodles and boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Drain the noodles.
- Add the milk to the same pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the sauce packet and stir till combined. Add in the noodles and reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Make a well in the noodles and crack the egg into it. Sprinkle the chopped green onions on top. Let this cook for 2 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Scoop up the poached egg with a spoon and then pour the noodles and milk into a bowl. Place the egg on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle the chill oil.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 841mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 20g