This watermelon strawberry sangria recipe is refreshing and delicious!
It's super easy to make and is sure to elevate your BBQ or other summer celebration. It's perfect for a warm summer day when you want a refreshing drink that's vibrant and flavorful.
Sangria is a Spanish beverage known for its fruity flavors - it typically combines wine with fruit or fruit juice, sweetener, and sparkling water. This recipe is a take on the classic with summer fruit.
Save this recipe to serve at all your summer gatherings - it's great for Memorial Day, the 4th of July, or Labor Day.
Here's what you'll need to make this delicious sangria.
- Fresh Watermelon
- Fresh or Frozen Strawberries
- Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- White Wine
Optional to garnish - crushed ice, sliced strawberries, mint, or orange slices.
Blend the watermelon, strawberries, and orange juice in a blender for 30 seconds.
Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the pulp and add the juice to a pitcher.
Add the Cointreau and white wine to the juice mixture and stir to combine.
Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Serve with crushed ice.
More Refreshing Drink Recipes
Here are a few tasty drinks that you might enjoy!
Substitutions & Variations
Here are a few optional changes you can make to this recipe.
- Sweetener - if you'd like to make this drink even sweeter, feel free to add some agave, simple syrup, or honey.
- Fizz - if you'd like some bubbles in this sangria, you can add soda water or tonic water right before serving.
- Alcohol - feel free to add additional alcohol to this recipe - ¼ cup of brandy is a nice addition if you'd like it a bit boozier!
Sangria is best enjoyed the day it's made, but if you need to save it, it will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Tips For This Sangria Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Wine - I'd recommend a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio for this recipe, but if you want a super sweet sangria you can use a Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Preparation Tips - Don't skip the chilling time, it allows all the flavors to come together.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - If you'd like a non-alcoholic version of this recipe, omit the Cointreau and substitute the wine for white grape juice.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup Cointreau
- 1 bottle white wine
- Blend the watermelon, strawberries, and orange juice in a blender for 30 seconds.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the pulp and add the juice to a pitcher.
- Add the Cointreau and white wine to the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with crushed ice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
I hope you enjoy this awesome watermelon strawberry sangria recipe!