This white bean soup recipe is easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. It's a fresh, healthy meal that is full of flavor.
This simple soup will be your new family favorite! It's easy to pull together on a weeknight and tastes great.
Sometimes you just a bowl of veggie soup. This delicious vegan white bean soup has layers of flavor. It's very filling, because of the creamy white beans.
Using canned white beans means that you can make it much quicker. The beans are super creamy and the carrots and celery give it a nice crunch.
Here are the simple ingredients you'll need to make this big pot of soup!
- White Beans (Cannellini Beans, Navy Beans, or Great Northern Beans)
- Diced Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- Yellow Onion
- Baby Carrots
- Celery Stalks
- Garlic Cloves
- Vegetable Stock
- Baby Spinach
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
Optional - top with chopped fresh herbs, a sprinkle of cheese, or serve with a piece of bread.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Prep your vegetables and drain and rinse your cans of beans.
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add the onion to the pot and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Then add the carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Stir continuously for 30 seconds.
Add the tomatoes, beans, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add the greens to the soup pot, and stir till wilted. Serve and enjoy.
Serve with a piece of crusty bread or a sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese if you'd like!
More Delicious Soup Recipes
If you like healthy veggie soup recipes, try some of our other favorite recipes.
- The Best Vegan Lentil Soup - delicious and hearty lentil soup with carrots and potatoes.
- Slow Cooker Vegan Veggie Stew - super easy to make and full of veggies.
- Mexican Veggie Soup - the most delicious vegetable soup with great flavor.
- Golden Bell Pepper Soup - nutritious and comforting. It’s a perfect recipe for a weeknight.
- Black Bean Soup - naturally vegan and gluten-free. It’s an awesome weeknight meal.
Substitutions & Variations
Here are some optional changes you can make to this recipe!
- Spices - you can swap the dried oregano and dried basil for an equal amount of Italian seasoning blend. If you'd like this recipe to have a little heat, add ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes or a pinch of chili powder.
- Beans - you can use any type of white bean you'd like for this recipe - Great Northern beans, Cannellini beans (also called white kidney beans), or navy beans.
- Stock - if you don't need this recipe to be vegetarian, you can swap the vegetable broth for chicken stock, chicken broth, or bone broth.
- Greens - the spinach can be swapped for the same amount of Tuscan kale or curly kale. They may need a minute or two longer to wilt.
This soup keeps in the refrigerator well - it's even better the next day! It keeps for up to 4 days when stored in an airtight container.
You can freeze this soup in a freezer bag or other freezer safe container for up to 6 months.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips - This soup tastes best when you chop the veggies small. You get a little bit of each ingredient in every bite.
Recommended Tools - I recommend using a Dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pot to make this recipe. It keeps the heat more distributed when simmering.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (15 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups spinach or chard
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion to the pot and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Then add the carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and basil. Stir continuously for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the greens and stir till wilted. Serve and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1779mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 12gSugar: 16gProtein: 12g