This delicious grilled apricots recipe with yogurt, hazelnuts, and honey is a fantastic dessert.
Apricot is a delicious stone fruit often used in fruit salads and baked goods, but they're actually delicious served on their own as a dessert.
This healthy dessert is easy to make and ready in just a few minutes!
Why You'll Love These Grilled Apricots
These fantastic grilled apricots are a light dessert that's full of summer flavor. They're quite easy to make and ready in just a few minutes.
You can serve them as an afternoon snack as well, or even make them for breakfast!
You don't need much to make this recipe! Here are all the ingredients you'll need for this grilled apricot dish.
- Fresh Apricots
- Olive Oil
- Greek Yogurt
- Toasted Hazelnuts
See the recipe card for quantities.
Heat the grill to medium-high heat or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Halve the apricots and remove the pits.
Brush the olive oil onto the grill grates with a paper towel or grill brush.
Place the apricots cut-side-down on the grill. Allow them to grill for 3 to 5 minutes until solid grill marks form.
If your apricots are burning, reduce your grill to medium heat.
Flip the apricot halves and allow them to cook for 3 to 4 more minutes until they are tender.
Remove the apricots from the grill and place them on individual plates or a serving platter.
Top them with a dollop of yogurt, a sprinkle of nuts, and a drizzle of honey.
More Great Grilled Fruit Recipes
Love grilled fruit? Here are some of our favorite recipes!
- Grilled Cantaloupe - sweet and juicy cantaloupe with a kicky chili lime topping
- Grilled Pineapple with Lime Mint Sauce - charred pineapple with a fantastic chutney topping
- Grilled Peach and Tomato Salad - the best summer salad with greens, peaches, and tomato slices.
Substitutions & Variations
Want to make some changes? Try these different ingredients.
- Ice Cream - you can swap out the greek yogurt for a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you'd prefer.
- Nuts - sub the hazelnuts for chopped pistachios or slivered almonds.
- Lemon - if you'd like a citrusy kick, drizzle a little freshly squeezed lemon juice or lemon zest on top of the apricots.
- Herbs - top the apricots with a sprig of fresh thyme or some slivered mint.
You can save the grilled apricots for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat them on the grill or in a frying pan on the stove.
Store the apricots and the yogurt separately if possible.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - Don't skip oiling the grill grates. Fresh fruit has a high natural sugar content so when it's grilling, it has a tendency to stick to the grates if they haven't been properly oiled.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - Want to make this recipe vegan? Sub the greek yogurt for coconut yogurt and sprinkle on brown sugar instead of honey.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
These delicious grilled apricots with yogurt and nuts are an easy, healthy dessert recipe.
- 3 ripe apricots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat or a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Slice the apricots in halve and remove the pit.
- Brush the grill with the olive oil or another neutral oil.
- Place the apricots cut side down on the grill. Allow them to grill for 3 to 5 minutes until grill lines form.
- Flip the apricot halves and allow them to cook for 3 to 4 more minutes until they are tender.
- Remove the apricots from the grill and place them on a plate.
- Top them with a dollop of yogurt, a sprinkle of nuts, and a drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g