One of the easiest ways to get dinner on the table is to make pasta! It’s delicious, pairs well with many flavors, and can be a healthy meal (if you add the right ingredients).
Here are 18 healthy pasta recipes that are perfect for dinner tonight - many of them are recipes full of veggies, chicken, and other good stuff.
They’re great for families with kids or for serving a large crowd as pasta dinners tend to be cheap + filling.
Best Tips for Cooking Pasta
Pasta is cheap and easy to cook, but there are a few tips to follow to make sure your pasta is cooked perfectly!
- Plan your recipe so you are cooking your pasta as the last step. You don’t want your noodles done long before the sauce is ready - they’ll get clumpy and cold.
- Make sure to salt the water heavily - it’s your one chance to get the pasta salted, but don’t add oil to it - it’ll make your pasta greasy.
- Make sure your water is at a roiling boil before adding your pasta.
- Stir the pasta occasionally while it’s boiling - this will keep it from sticking together.
- Cook your pasta till al dente - your pasta should be firm but tender.
- Drain the pasta in a colander but don’t dry it or rinse it with cold water.
- Reserve some of the pasta water and add it to your sauce - it’s starchy, so it helps the sauce stick to the noodles.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
This delicious Mediterranean pasta salad feeds a crowd! It's got loads of fresh veggies and bright ingredients. It's a flavorful vegetarian main course or side salad for a BBQ.
This recipe is easy to make too! It will take a few minutes to boil the pasta and chop the bell peppers and tomatoes, but it's ready in about 20 to 25 minutes.
Baked Feta Pasta with Zucchini
This baked feta pasta with zucchini and leeks is a fabulous dinner recipe! It's based on the viral baked feta and tomato pasta from TikTok, but this one has no tomato.
The recipe is easy to make - just chop up your veggies and roast them with the feta for a creamy base. You can use any type of pasta noodle you like or have on hand!
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This creamy roasted red pepper pasta recipe is made with roasted red peppers, penne, parmesan, onion, and garlic.
It's a wonderful, creamy pasta recipe that has a nice kick from the red peppers.
Butternut Squash Pasta with Toasted Panko
This butternut squash pasta with toasted panko and sage is a creamy, delicious recipe. It's ready in less than 30 minutes, so it's a perfect weeknight meal!
Roasted Veggie Pasta with Feta
This creamy veggie pasta recipe is made with roasted vegetables, feta, baby arugula, and chunky pasta.
Roasting the vegetables and the feta adds an incredible depth of flavor that's hard to beat. It's a delicious meal that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
Creamy Zucchini Pasta with Lemon
This creamy zucchini pasta recipe is made with spiralized zucchini noodles and linguini noodles.
It has a rich, decadent sauce made from cream, butter, and lemon that's brightened up with fresh herbs. It's a delicious meal that's ready in 25 minutes.
Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe
This healthy pesto pasta salad recipe is full of flavor. The roasted veggies, grilled corn, and homemade pesto make this a standout summer recipe.
This recipe is perfect for a BBQ or picnic and can be served warm or cold.
Broccoli with Pasta
This wonderful broccoli pasta recipe is made with parmesan, fusilli, and a bunch of broccoli. The surprisingly delicious broccoli sauce pairs wonderfully with a chunky pasta for a flavor bomb of a meal.
This recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes, making it a fabulous weeknight meal.
Orzo and Chicken Salad Recipe
This orzo salad with shredded chicken, bell peppers, olives, and a wholegrain mustard dressing is such a wonderful lunch recipe!
It’s so fresh and has a wonderful crunch from the bell peppers. It's a great recipe to take to a potluck or on a picnic as it travels well.
Butternut Squash Macaroni & Cheese
This butternut squash macaroni and cheese recipe is a wonderful fall recipe. If you are a fan of mac and cheese + veggies + fall flavors - then this dish is for you!
This is a multi-step recipe, but it comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Sicilian Pasta alla Norma
Pasta alla Norma is a classic, Sicilian dish that is full of rich flavors. The roasted eggplant and the slow-cooked tomato sauce are an incredibly satisfying combination.
Baked Boursin Pasta
This baked Boursin pasta recipe is a creamy and delicious dinner. It's got just burst juicy cherry tomatoes, a garlic and herb Boursin base, and lots of fresh herbs.
You can use any fun pasta shape you like and have a fabulous dinner ready in 30 minutes.
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese (Vegan)
This creamy cauliflower mac and cheese recipe is made with roasted cauliflower, white beans, salsa, and a whole head of roasted garlic. It's a delicious and comforting vegan mac and cheese recipe.
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Pasta Shells
These spinach artichoke stuffed pasta shells are a delicious, vegetarian recipe. They are cheesy pasta deliciousness at its best!
Awesome Lemon Chicken Pasta
This easy lemon chicken pasta is full of flavor!
It's a delicious, weeknight meal that you will love. The bright flavor of the lemon, mixed with the subtle leeks, spinach, and parmesan is unbelievably good!
Lemon Chicken with Orzo
This lemon chicken with orzo recipe is a delicious weeknight meal. It takes less than 30 minutes to make, a large chunk of which is hands-off time. The best part is it's made in one-pot, so requires very little cleanup!
Pasta with Pancetta and Tomato Sauce
This delicious pasta with pancetta is easy to make and perfect for a weeknight meal. The sauce is made from sautéed onions, crispy pancetta, garlic, and tomatoes.
Topped with parmesan and herbs, this dish is versatile (it works with any pasta type), hearty, and perfect for a night when you want to eat a real meal but don't have hours to cook.
Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
This burst cherry tomato pasta is a simple recipe that's full of flavor. It's an easy dinner that you'll love! It's ready in less than 20 minutes.
Healthy Pasta Recipes: Baked Feta Pasta with Zucchini
These delicious healthy pasta recipes are worth making! This baked feta pasta with zucchini, leeks, and shallot is a flavorful dish that everyone will love.
- 7-ounce block of feta
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 leek, sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, in their skin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt,
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound pasta (chunky shape)
- optional toppings - fresh lemon juice, pea tendrils, chopped parsley, chopped sage
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the feta, zucchini, leek, and shallot in a 9x13 or 9x11 baking dish or on a sheet pan. Tuck the garlic cloves into the edges.
- Drizzle the feta and vegetables with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake the feta and vegetables for 35 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta in very salty water, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- When the feta and vegetables are done, remove them from the oven. Remove the garlic cloves and squeeze the roasted cloves out of their skins. Mince and then add back to the pan. Stir to combine the feta and vegetables.
- Combine the pasta and feta mixture. Top with optional toppings and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 877mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 14g
Liked these healthy pasta recipes and need more delicious dinner inspiration?
Check out our 17 Quick & Easy Chicken Dinners list or our 13 Easy & Delicious Pescetarian Recipes list.