One of the easiest ways to get dinner on the table is to make pasta! It’s delicious, pairs well with many flavors, and can be a healthy meal (if you add the right ingredients). Here are 10 healthy pasta recipes that are perfect for dinner tonight – many of them are recipes full of veggies, chicken, and other good stuff. They’re great for families with kids or for serving a large crowd as pasta dinners tend to be cheap + filling.
Best Tips for Cooking Pasta
Pasta is cheap and easy to cook, but there are a few tips to follow to make sure your pasta is cooked perfectly!
- Plan your recipe so you are cooking your pasta as the last step. You don’t want your noodles done long before the sauce is ready – they’ll get clumpy and cold.
- Make sure to salt the water heavily (I recommend using Diamond Crystal Kosher salt) – it’s your one chance to get the pasta salted, but don’t add oil to it – it’ll make your pasta greasy.
- Make sure your water is at a roiling boil before adding your pasta.
- Stir the pasta occasionally while it’s boiling – this will keep it from sticking together.
- Cook your pasta till al dente – your pasta should be firm but tender.
- Drain the pasta in a colander but don’t dry it or rinse it with cold water.
- Reserve some of the pasta water and add it to your sauce – it’s starchy, so it helps the sauce stick to the noodles.