This healthier pumpkin pie is absolutely delicious and quite easy to make!
Like the traditional version it's full of pumpkin flavor and lots of spices, but this recipe swaps in skim milk instead of heavy cream and coconut sugar instead of brown sugar for a lower-calorie option.
This delicious pie is perfect for the holiday season or any other time you'd enjoy a homemade pumpkin pie! It's a beautiful and easy recipe that we enjoy serving at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Be sure to check out our full list of Healthy Thanksgiving Desserts for more inspiration and healthy pie recipes.
Using a premade crust is an easy way to make a pie and there are lots of great options. If you are making multiple desserts or don't want the hassle of pulling together a pie crust, please don't ever feel bad about using a premade one!
Here's what you'll need to make the best healthy pumpkin pie recipe. It's full of wholesome ingredients that are pantry staples.
- Premade Pie Crust (you can make a homemade pie crust or use a storebought one)
- Pumpkin Puree
- Coconut Sugar
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Skim Milk or Oat Milk
- Large Eggs
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
See the recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Roll out the pie dough, if necessary, and place it in the pie pan, crimping the edges.
Combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
If you are using homemade pumpkin puree - I recommend blending the mixture in a food processor for 1 minute to make sure it's fully smooth.
Mix till smooth and no lumps remain.
Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pie crust.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the center no longer wobbles.
About halfway through baking, you can cover the edges of your crust with aluminum foil if they are getting too brown.
Allow to cool fully before cutting and serving.
More Great Pumpkin Recipes
If you love fresh pumpkin and pumpkin puree, be sure to check out some of our other favorite recipes.
- Pumpkin Deviled Eggs
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Pumpkin Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Substitutions & Variations
Need to make some ingredient swaps to this recipe? Here are some suggestions.
- Milk - You can substitute the skim milk for oat milk or almond milk. If you like coconut milk, you can use that but it will change the flavor to be more coconutty.
- Crust - feel free to use the pie crust that you'd like for this recipe, it's very good with a graham cracker crust or an almond flour crust if you'd like a gluten-free option.
- Sugar - if you can't find coconut sugar or don't have it on hand, you can use brown sugar instead.
The cooked pie will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Cover the pie dish with aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or beeswax wrap.
You can freeze pumpkin pie for up to 6 months when stored in an airtight container.
You can serve pumpkin pie cold or at room temperature.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - Keep an eye on the pie as it bakes - if the crust is burning but the center hasn't set, you can place aluminum foil around the edges to keep the crust from getting darker.
Recommended Tools - This is the pie plate I use - It's pretty enough that I can serve a pie directly from it at a fancy dinner or holiday meal.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 premade pie crust
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup skim milk or oat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the pie crust, if necessary, and place it in the pie dish, crimping the edges.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Mix till smooth and pour into pie dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the center no longer wobbles.
- About halfway through baking, you can cover the edges of your crust with aluminum foil if they are getting too brown.
- Allow to cool fully before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g