Here are some of our favorite, healthy Thanksgiving desserts that we know you'll love! Thanksgiving is such a great holiday for food - we absolutely love celebrating with all that traditional Thanksgiving dinner recipes.
By the time you reach dessert, it can feel a little overwhelming. So if you're looking for some healthier Thanksgiving dessert ideas, you'll find a perfect dessert below.
We've got some lightened-up pies, desserts with fruit, some chocolate options, some healthy pumpkin desserts, and lots of apple recipes!
Thanksgiving Pie & Tart Recipes
- Apple Rose Tart - This rose apple tart recipe is a delicious way to celebrate apple season! This recipe is beautifully spiced with cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom.
- Healthy Pecan Pie - This homemade pecan pie made with a healthy pie crust and healthy pecan pie filling is so easy and delicious – it’s awesome to enjoy a family favorite without sacrificing your healthy eating goals!
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie - This smooth and ultra creamy healthy pumpkin pie still has all the flavor of a traditional pumpkin pie but is made with coconut milk.
- Sweet Potato Pie - A healthy and delicious version of the classic sweet potato pie – a perfect, easy sweet potato dessert recipe for Thanksgiving!
- Vegan Chocolate Pie - This vegan chocolate pie is a five-ingredient, no-bake miracle. The ultra-thick and creamy chocolate pie filling is made with tofu, almond butter, almond milk, and melted chocolate.
Thanksgiving Apple Desserts
- Baked Apples with Oatmeal - These baked apples with oatmeal are a dessert recipe everyone will love. The spices, oats, nuts, and sugar combine for a delicious filling, and the apples become even sweeter while they bake.
- Caramelized Apple Crisp - This caramelized apple crisp recipe is truly special! Before baking the apples in the crisp, they are caramelized in a saucepan which leads to a far richer, more complex flavor.
- Healthy Apple Crumble - Without a doubt, this is the best classic apple crisp! Sweet and tender apples are topped with spiced oat streusel
- Healthy Apple Cake - This wholesome apple cake is delicious, moist, and packed with yogurt and fresh crunchy apples.
Thanksgiving Fruit Desserts
- Dark Chocolate Figs - What could be better than ripe figs dipped in dark chocolate and topped with Himalayan salt? These dark chocolate figs are absolutely delicious.
- Blackberry & Apple Hand Pies - These blackberry and apple hand pies are sublime. This recipe combines these flavors with puff pastry for a delicious, single-serving dessert.
- Healthy Apple and Pear Crisp - Naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, this healthy fruit crisp is super easy to make and will be ready in under 1 hour! Gluten-free and easily customizable for different diet types.
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Desserts
- Marbled Chocolate Pumpkin Bread - his marbled chocolate pumpkin bread recipe is perfect for fall! It's so delicious and flavorful with all the spices, pumpkin, and cocoa powder.
- Healthier Pumpkin Cheesecake - A healthier pumpkin cheesecake made with cream cheese, Greek yogurt and pumpkin, of course. No one will know this flavorful dessert has been lightened up!
- Healthier Pumpkin Spice Cookies - These healthy pumpkin spice cookies are full of pumpkin, oatmeal, and spice! They're lower in sugar than other pumpkin spice cookie recipes and can be made with or without the sugar drizzle.
- Healthy Pumpkin Brownies - Healthy pumpkin brownies are the best fall dessert. Flourless, fudgy, gluten-free, and extremely easy to make, these from-scratch brownies taste better than any box mix!
Thanksgiving Chocolate Desserts
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Bites - This pomegranate dark chocolate bites recipe is ridiculously simple and delicious. They're an easy treat to make and everyone will love them!
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Covered Dates - These peanut butter stuffed chocolate covered dates are dipped in dark chocolate and finely chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Treats - You'll love these delicious, easy, and fun little treats! They're topped with pistachios, pomegranate seeds, and orange zest
- Hot Chocolate on a Spoon - these cute hot chocolate spoons are topped with mini marshmallows for a cute after-dinner treat!
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick), plus 3 tablespoons chilled butter, diced
- ¼ cup ice water
- 5 small apples (or 3 large)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the stick of butter and cut in with a pastry cutter or fork, until the mixture resembles pebbles.
- Add the ice water, a tablespoon at a time, and kneed to form a ball.
- Roll dough into a ball and then press into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Core and quarter the apples. Using a mandoline or knife, cut into ⅛-inch thick slices.
- Add the apples, brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Let sit for 45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes. This will make the apples pliable for the rosette pattern.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. When the dough is chilled, roll it out on a floured surface. Carefully move it over to cast iron pan or pie plate. Press the dough evenly across the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Drain the apples. Arrange the apples in an overlapping pattern, starting from the outside and working in.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar and butter across the top of the tart.
- Bake the tart for 50 to 60 minutes or until the apples and crust are golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
Which of these healthy Thanksgiving desserts will you be trying? Let us know in the comments!