You're going to love this healthy ranch dressing recipe! You can use it as a dip or dressing.
If you're using it as a dip, it's great with grilled chicken wings, baby carrots, or with some potato chips or french fries. As a dressing, you can use it in a green salad or on a grilled chicken salad.
The combination of spices and fresh herbs makes this a well-seasoned, flavorful dressing.
Perfect for ranch lovers looking for a healthier alternative - this easy dressing and dipping sauce is ready in just a few minutes!
It's a bit thicker than store-bought ranch dressing, but you can add water to make it thinner and more pourable, depending on what you'd like to use it.
Here's what you'll need to make this homemade salad dressing. It only requires a few simple ingredients found at almost any grocery store.
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Parsley
- Dried Dill
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
See the recipe card for quantities.
Combine the Greek yogurt, sour cream, parsley, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Stir till fully combined or blend in a food processor for a smoother consistency.
For a thicker dressing or if you want to use it as a dip, don't add the optional water. If you want a pourable dressing, add 2 to 4 tablespoons of water till you reach the desired consistency.
Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
More Dressing Recipes
Want to try more
Substitutions & Variations
Want to make a few changes? Here are some optional substitutions.
- Herbs - you can use fresh dill instead of dried dill if you'd prefer. I'd recommend using a tablespoon of finely chopped fresh dill.
- Yogurt - if mayo flavor is important for you, substitute the yogurt for light mayo. Use an equal amount. You can also substitute the Greek yogurt for plain yogurt as well.
- Lemon - if you want a little zippy citrus flavor, add in a few teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
You can save this dressing in a mason jar or other airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Tools - this glass container set is great for storing salad dressings and other condiments.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - To make a vegan version of this recipe, swap the yogurt and sour cream for 1 cup of vegan mayo.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- optional - 2 to 4 tablespoons of water
- Combine the Greek yogurt, sour cream, parsley, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stir till fully combined.
- Don't add water if you'd like to serve as a dip. If you want to make a dressing, add 2 to 4 tablespoons of water till you reach the desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g