This zesty ginger dressing is easy to pull together and tastes great on a salad!
One of my favorite things about making salads at home is making actually making homemade salad dressings - I think they taste so much better than store-bought ones and really elevate your salad.
You're going to love this delicious dressing - it's great on salads, grilled vegetables, or roast chicken.
Why You'll Love This Easy Ginger Dressing
This fantastic homemade dressing is tangy, flavorful, and ready in just a few minutes! This is an easy way to make a fabulous dressing.
You may be familiar with ginger dressings from Japanese restaurants - this is a similarly flavored dressing.
The Dijon mustard adds great flavor but it also helps emulsify the dressing. Dressings like this one, which are primarily vinaigrettes, will continue to separate unless they have a binder like mustard, mayo, egg, or xanthan gum. You only need a small amount but it makes the dressing so much better!
You'll need just a few, simple ingredients to make this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Rice wine vinegar
- Fresh ginger
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice
- Garlic cloves
- Dijon mustard
See the recipe card for quantities.
Grate the ginger and garlic using a Microplane or box grater.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, grated ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, grated garlic, and dijon mustard.
Whisk till fully combined.
Use immediately or save for up to 6 days in the refrigerator.
More Great Dressing Recipes
If you enjoy homemade dressings and sauces, try one of these other great recipes!
Substitutions & Variations
If you know how to make the recipe fit a certain diet, let the reader know here. Don't fake it - only provide guidance on topics you have actual experience with.
- Sesame - if you'd like to make this a sesame ginger dressing, you can add sesame seeds or toasted sesame oil.
- Sweetener - if you want to add a bit of sweetness, you can add a teaspoon of honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar.
- Citrus - you can swap the lime juice for lemon juice as well.
- Oil - you can swap the olive oil for canola oil or another neutral oil like soybean oil.
How to Use This Dressing
This easy dressing is great on a salad or roasted vegetables.
- Savoy Cabbage Salad - this flavorful chopped salad is topped with this exact dressing!
- The Easiest Green Salad - this great side salad would be elevated with a tangy ginger dressing.
- Rainbow Carrot Salad with Quinoa - this warm salad would taste great with a tangy dressing.
This dressing will keep for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, rice wine vinegar, grated ginger, soy sauce, lime juice, grated garlic, and dijon mustard. Whisk till fully combined.
- Use immediately or save for up to 6 days in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g