You'll love these healthy recipes with zucchini that are simple and delicious. We've included recipes for low-carb meals, vegetarian dishes, healthy snacks, and delicious salads.
If you need an easy healthy zucchini recipe to use up all your summer squash or if you're just in the mood to enjoy some delicious summer produce - there's a recipe here for you to try!
This zucchini spaghetti with zoodles and a delicious marinara sauce is a bright, fresh meal!
It's easy to make spiralized zucchini noodles (zoodles). They're a healthy option if you want a low-carb alternative to pasta or you just enjoy zucchini!
This recipe for kousa mahshi (stuffed zucchini or squash) is a delicious dish popular in the Levant (Syria, Jordan, and Lebanon).
Small zucchini are hollowed out and stuffed with a mixture of spiced meat and rice then cooked in a tomato broth for a hearty, savory meal.
This creamy zucchini pasta recipe is made with spiralized zucchini noodles and linguini noodles.
It has a rich, decadent sauce made from cream, butter, and lemon that's brightened up with fresh herbs. It's a delicious meal that's ready in 25 minutes.
These zucchini tartlets with microgreens and goat cheese are a delicious appetizer or a great addition to a brunch menu.
This grilled zucchini and yogurt recipe is a delightful side dish. It's topped with dukkah, sumac, and mint. The flavors go together beautifully! It's fresh and bright and very exciting to serve.
This pearl couscous salad with zucchini, mozzarella, and tomatoes is hearty and full of bright flavors. It's a delicious side dish or lunch option.
This baked feta pasta with zucchini and leeks is a fabulous dinner recipe!
The recipe is easy to make - just chop up your veggies and roast them with the feta for a creamy base. You can use any type of pasta noodle you like or have on hand!
These baked zucchini fries with Cotija cheese are a healthier way to enjoy crispy, crunchy, veggie fries! It's also perfect for the time of year when we all start drowning in zucchini and summer squash.
This shaved zucchini salad recipe combines lemon, goat cheese, microgreens, and toasted pine nuts for an exquisite and luscious side dish. It’s zesty and flavorful while showcasing some of the best summer vegetables.
These delicious grilled Mediterranean vegetables are a perfect side dish! You'll use zucchini, summer squash, red onion, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
They're char-grilled to perfection and topped with herbs, olive oil, and lemon juice.
This healthy pesto pasta salad recipe is full of flavor. The roasted zucchini, summer squash, grilled corn, and homemade pesto make this a standout summer recipe.
This creamy veggie pasta recipe is made with zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, feta, baby arugula, and chunky pasta.
Roasting the vegetables and the feta adds an incredible depth of flavor that's hard to beat. It's a delicious meal that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounces) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large sprig of basil
- 2 pounds zucchini*
- optional - ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh herbs
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. When hot, add the garlic and let it cook till it sizzles.
- Before the garlic browns, add the peeled tomatoes, salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano along with 1 cup of water. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally and use a spoon to break apart the larger pieces of tomato.
- In the last 3 minutes of cooking the sauce, add the sprig of basil, leaving the end sticking out of the sauce so you can pull it out and discard it when the pasta is done cooking.
- Meanwhile, spiralize the zucchini or ribbon it using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and when hot add half the zucchini noodles. Toss them to coat them in oil and allow them to cook for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil and repeat cooking the remaining zucchini noodles.
- Serve the zucchini noodles topped with tomato sauce. Top with optional fresh herbs or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
All your Zucchini Questions Answered
What’s the difference between summer squash and zucchini?
Zucchini (or courgette) is a type of summer squash, but we usually associate summer squash with the yellow squash (or straightneck squash) that has a larger bottom and tapers near the top. Summer squash varieties also include pattypan squash, cousa squash (the small Middle Eastern marrow), trombonchino, and crookneck squash.
How do you choose the best zucchini?
When choosing zucchini, look for the vegetable to be thin, heavy for its size, not overly long, dark green, and unblemished.
When zucchini grows to be too large, the seeds become too mature/large and the flesh dries out - while it might be fun to grow monster zucchini - they just don’t taste as good!
What’s the best way to store zucchini?
The best way to keep zucchini and summer squash is in the vegetable drawer in the fridge. Don’t wash it before storing it and keep it cool and dry.
It should last for 5 to 7 days and will start to noticeably shrivel when it’s not at its best.
When is zucchini in season or at its very best?
Zucchini is usually sold in grocery stores year-round, but its peak season is June through August.
What are your favorite healthy zucchini recipes? Let us know in the comments below.