If you're looking for ways to use up leftover mint or you've got a bunch of mint in your garden, I've got lots of mint recipes for you!
I love cooking with mint and using it in drinks because it's such a refreshing and zippy herb.
If you grow your own mint, you know it can absolutely explode. It's actually an invasive ground cover and is hard to control if you plant it directly in the ground (hence why I grown my mint plant in a pot!)
Cuisines around the world use mint in all sorts of ways - it's often used in desserts, chutneys, sauces, and to flavor meat. Here are some ideas I hope you'll be able to use!
Recipes with Mint
These recipes use varying amounts of mint, but I've tried to note the ones that use at least a handful (about ½ cup) of the herb.
Dessert Recipes with Mint
- Grilled Pineapple with Lime Mint - a stunning tropical dessert recipe (uses 1 cup of mint).
- Mint Simple Syrup - a lovely syrup to add to lemonade or desserts (uses 1 ½ cups of mint).
- Mint Chip Ice Cream - a marvelous ice cream recipe with shards of chocolate (uses 2 cups of mint!)
Savory Recipes with Mint
- Tzatziki - a tangy Greek yogurt dip with fresh herbs.
- Middle Eastern Chopped Salad - a tasty salad with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and loads of fresh herbs.
- Tabouli Salad - a classic Mediterranean salad with parsley and mint.
- Mint Pesto - a bright, delicious spread that can be used in salads, on meat, or served on a baguette (uses 2 cups of mint).
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad - a gorgeous summer salad topped with mint and other fresh herbs.
- Mint Chutney - a delicious dip or topping that goes well with samosas.
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad - a hearty pasta salad with plenty of fresh veggies and herbs.
Drinks with Mint
- Mint Juleps - an iconic bourbon cocktail that's sweet and herbal.
- Mojitos - a refreshing, summery cocktail with lots of mint.
- Whiskey Smash - a tangy and refreshing cocktail that's like a citrus julep.
- Spa Water - combine lemon and mint for a refreshing spa water.