These spinach puffs pack a salty little feta punch – they make a perfect appetizer! They are a delicious little bite and perfect for a party.
Why You’ll Love These Spinach Puffs
Everyone loves a puff pastry bite – what’s not to love about buttery, flaky, golden-brown deliciousness? These bites are filled with a savory spinach and feta mixture. It’s got a great depth of flavor from the onion and garlic, as well.
These tasty treats are easy to make and they make a bunch of bites, so they’re perfect appetizers for a dinner party or served alongside a cheese board for a heavy hors d’oeuvres night.
More Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re looking for other delicious appetizer recipes, check out our other favorite recipes:
Enjoy these delicious spinach puffs!
- 25 small prepared puff pastry shells (frozen or chilled)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces feta
- Preheat oven according to puff pastry package instructions.
- Defrost puff pastry according to package directions.
- Lay the pastry out on a cookie sheet and lightly brush the beaten egg across the tops of each pastry cup.
- Bake the pastry for half the required time, according to package instructions. (Mine was 12 minutes, so bake for 6).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add onion and sauté for two minutes.
- Then add spinach and sauté for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until spinach is wilted.
- Combine spinach and onion mixture with feta in a food processor and pulse till all ingredients are small and combined. Ingredients should stick together.
- Remove the pastry from the oven. Fill each cup with about 1 tablespoon of spinach-feta mixture.
- Return pastry to the oven and bake for the remaining time, according to package instructions.
- Serve while the pastry is still warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g