These tropical vegan summer rolls with a peanut dipping sauce are a healthy, colorful, and delicious recipe! They are so fresh and bright - they make the perfect lunch or light dinner.
I've been trying to bring food to work pretty regularly because it's so much nicer to warm up a good bowl of lentil soup than buy a sad, cafeteria sandwich. Has anyone ever had a wonderful cafeteria sandwich? I would like to know. I never have. Why must the lettuce always be so bleak at cafeterias?
I typically prefer a warm lunch, but since it's warming up I'm getting behind the cooler food again. That being said, I really do prefer these rolls at room temperature, so let them warm up a bit if you do keep them in the refrigerator.
Vegan Lunch Recipes
This is obviously one of my favorite vegan lunch recipes, but I have a few others I enjoy as well. Here are a few vegan lunch recipes I think you’ll enjoy:
- Simple Mango Avocado and Blueberry Salad
- Spicy Thai Grapefruit Salad
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri Sauce
I do hope you enjoy these nutritious, beautiful summer rolls!
- 1 avocado, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 large cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 2 mangos, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 8 to 10 rice paper wrappers
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and cut the fruit and vegetables.
- In a dish large enough to fit the rice paper wrappers (I use a pie plate), add 2 inches of warm water.
- Submerge the rice paper for 10 to 20 seconds, or until it is pliable. Lay it flat on a cutting board and add a few slices of mango, avocado, and cucumbers on one end. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of cilantro and lettuce on top of the fruit.
- Fold the end of the rice paper wrapper up over the fruit and veggies. Then fold the sides in and roll like a burrito.
- Cut in half, at an angle. Repeat with all 8 to 10 wrappers.
- For the sauce, combine the peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, salt, and pepper and whisk briskly to combine.
- Serve immediately or save in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 418mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 11gSugar: 34gProtein: 9g