These tasty tuna salad lettuce wraps are a super simple recipe to pull together. They're a tasty and healthy meal that's ready in minutes.
This quick recipe is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
This easy recipe is perfect for meal prep or a take-to-work lunch. Just keep the tuna salad and lettuce leaves separate till serving.
The creamy tuna salad and the crispy lettuce are a perfect combination. If you're looking for a low-carb lunch or you just love tuna salad, you've got to try this recipe!
Here's how to make a delicious, low carb tuna salad recipe.
- Cans of Tuna Fish (Albacore or white tuna recommended)
- Lettuce (see Substitutions section for the variety of lettuces that will work)
- Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- English Cucumber or Persian Cucumbers
- Dijon Mustard
- Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Black Pepper
Optional toppings - sesame seeds, sliced green onions, chopped fresh dill, chopped cilantro, or other fresh herbs.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Open and drain each can of tuna. Chop your vegetables and herbs.
Combine the tuna, mayonnaise, chopped celery, chopped bell pepper, chopped shallot, chopped parsley, mustard, lemon juice, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large bowl.
Stir till fully combined.
Spoon the tuna mixture into the lettuce leaves.
Top with optional toppings and serve immediately.
Serve with optional chopped herbs and a side like a dill pickle or some apple slices!
More Great Tuna Recipes
Try some of our other delicious recipes with canned tuna!
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad - an easy lunch that's bursting with fresh produce.
- Spicy Tuna Onigiri - the tastiest little rice and tuna bites.
- Stuffed Avocado with Tuna - this healthy lunch option is great for avocado lovers!
Substitutions & Variations
Want to make some changes to these tuna wraps? Here are some optional ingredient swaps to make.
- Lettuce - you can use several types of green leaf lettuce for this recipe - including Romaine lettuce leaves, iceberg lettuce leaves, or butter lettuce (also called Bibb lettuce)
- Onion - swap the shallot for ½ a small red onion or 2 sliced green onions. If your red onion is pungent, I suggest soaking it in ice water for 5 minutes to cut the overpowering onion flavor.
- Greek Yogurt - swap the mayonnaise for an equal amount of Greek yogurt.
- Bell Peppers - add chopped bell peppers to the tuna lettuce wraps or swap them for the cucumbers. I like using red pepper because they add a great pop of color!
This tuna lettuce wrap recipe will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
I suggest storing the tuna salad in a separate container from the lettuce - this keeps the lettuce crispy!
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - You can use any type of tuna you'd like for this recipe, but I am a big fan of Wild Planet's Albacore Tuna and their Skipjack Wild Tuna. I think they have the best flavor and they're sustainably caught.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - If you don't want to use mayonnaise or Greek yogurt, you can swap them for a few tablespoons of olive oil.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) of tuna, drained
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 leaves of Romaine lettuce or butter lettuce
- Optional toppings - sesame seeds, sliced green onions, chopped parsley or other soft herbs like dill or cilantro
- Combine the tuna, mayonnaise, chopped celery, chopped bell pepper, chopped shallot, chopped parsley, mustard, lemon juice, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper in a large bowl. Stir till fully combined.
- Spoon into the lettuce leaves.
- Top with optional toppings and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1002mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 28g