This fantastic vegetarian miso ramen recipe has layers of flavor, thanks to the stock, two types of miso, and toasted sesame oil!
This miso ramen soup is the coziest meal. You can top it with whatever you'd like, but I highly recommend using some form of mushrooms and some bright greens like scallions or bok choy.
What's not to love about a hearty bowl of ramen? This flavorful broth and noodles combo takes a little longer to make than instant ramen, but it's totally worth it!
This delicious vegetarian ramen recipe is great for lunch or dinner. It's hearty enough that it makes for a filling meal - especially if you use several toppings (check out our full list of topping ideas below).
If you like miso soup, you're going to love this recipe!
Here are the key ingredients you'll need to make this easy vegan miso ramen recipe.
- Vegetable Stock or Vegetable Broth
- Ramen Noodles (dried or fresh ramen noodles)*
- Rice Vinegar
- White Miso Paste (Shiro miso)
- Red Miso Paste
- Toasted Sesame Oil
*I recommend using ramen noodles that haven't been fried. Instant ramen noodles are fried. Fresh or dried ramen noodles have great flavor and less oil.
See the recipe card for quantities.
There are so many delicious options for topping ramen (here's my whole list of what to add to ramen), but I added:
- Fresh shiitake mushrooms
- Sliced green onions or spring onion
- Fresh corn
- Toasted sesame seeds (black and white)
- Bamboo shoots (menma) - my secret ingredient for making every ramen taste great!
Optional other toppings include - a soft boiled egg, fresh ginger, a dash of soy sauce, sauteed bok choy, chili oil or chili crisp, crispy tofu, or lime juice.
Add the vegetable stock to a small pot and bring it to a boil over high heat.
Reduce to a simmer and add the sugar, salt, rice vinegar, white miso, and red miso to the stock. Stir till fully combined and remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of cold water for the noodles to a boil over high heat. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
Add the cooked noodles to a large bowl (or ramen bowl if you have one), pour in the vegetable miso broth, and drizzle on the sesame oil.
Top with optional toppings and serve immediately.
More Great Ramen Recipes
Ramen is one of my favorite things to make - I'm always trying to find ways to make a quick lunch with lots of flavor. Here are a few amazing recipes I know you'll love!
Another fun recipe to try is this homemade ramen seasoning!
You can make the broth ahead of time and store it for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. I recommend boiling the noodles right before eating them though.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Tips - The red miso may not dissolve immediately. You can use a small whisk or press it through a fine mesh sieve to get it to dissolve faster.
Specialty Ingredients - You should be able to find both red and white miso at larger grocery stores (I get mine at Whole Foods) or an Asian supermarket.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bundle of ramen noodles
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- ½ tablespoon red miso paste
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Optional toppings - chopped green onion, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, menma (bamboo shoots), corn
- Add the vegetable stock a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and add in the sugar, salt, rice vinegar, white miso, and red miso to the stock. Stir till fully combined and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water for the noodles to a boil over high heat. Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Add the cooked noodles to a large bowl, pour in the stock, and drizzle on the sesame oil. Top with optional toppings and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4451mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 14g