This ridiculously cute little veggie skeleton tray is easy to make with lots of fresh vegetables and some ranch dip!
It's perfect for a Halloween party or anytime you need a silly skeleton made from veggies!
Ingredients You'll Need
Here's what you'll need to make a veggie skeleton platter - do keep in mind that any of these things can be substituted with other vegetables!
- For the head - 8 ounces of ranch dressing (in a small bowl), 1 olive (sliced for the eyes), 2 to 3 pieces of romaine lettuce and 1 endive for the hair.
- For the body - 1 English cucumber to make the spine, 1 bell pepper for the ribs, 5 or 6 white mushrooms for the pelvis.
- For the limbs - 4 baby carrots for the arms, 4 pieces of broccoli for the hands and feet, 3 celery stalks (halved) for the shoulders and legs, and 2 cherry tomatoes for the knees.
More Healthy Halloween Recipes to Try
Check out our post on healthy Halloween recipes if you like this Halloween veggie platter. We have lots of great ideas in addition to these recipes that we love.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Preparation Tips - You can substitute in or out any of the veggies in this recipe. For instance, if you don't have lettuce, use some fresh herbs for the hair or use cauliflower pieces instead of the mushrooms.
Recommended Tools - I recommend serving this on a large cutting board or appetizer board, or like I did on two pieces of parchment paper.
Storing Tips - This recipe can safely sit outside the fridge for 4 hours. If it sits out longer for that, I would not save either the ranch dip or the veggies. If it's been out for less than 4 hours, you can save leftovers for up to 5 days.
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - If you would like this recipe to be vegan or dairy-free, substitute hummus in place of the ranch dressing.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 8 ounces of ranch dressing
- 1 black olive, sliced
- 2 to 3 pieces of romaine lettuce
- 1 endive
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 5 or 6 white, sliced
- 4 baby carrots
- 4 pieces of broccoli
- 3 celery stalks (halved)
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- Pour the ranch dressing into a small bowl and place it at the top of a cutting board or piece of parchment paper. Place a few pieces of lettuce and endives in the top of the bowl for the skeleton's hair. Then place two olive slices in the ranch dressing for the eyes.
- Use two slices of celery to create shoulder bones. Then line the cucumber slices up to create a spine. Use the red pepper slices to create ribs, and then place the mushrooms in a small pile under the ribs to form the pelvis.
- Use four baby carrots and two pieces of broccoli to make the arms. Use four pieces of celery and four pieces of bell pepper, along with two cherry tomatoes and two pieces of broccoli, to make the legs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g