This tasty appetizer recipe of baked feta and olives with burst tomatoes is so easy to pull together. The flavors meld together perfectly for a savory and creamy dish that's perfect for a dinner party or tapas night.
This dish comfortably serves 4 as an appetizer, when paired with some crusty bread or crackers.
Why You'll Love Baked Feta & Olives
Baking feta gives it an ulta-creamy texture, making it the perfect base to combine the burst cherry tomatoes and olives. It becomes like a dip and is very scoopable.
Using a variety of olives will adds an interesting flavor profile and topping this dish with fresh herbs brightens it up for an exciting combination.
Ingredients for this Recipe
Here's what you'll need to make this recipe:
Feta - You'll want to use a 6 or 7 ounce block of feta. You can use crumbled feta as well if that's what you have.
Olives - Use a mixture of green and black olives (we use Castelvetrano and Kalamata). You'll need 1 ½ cups of olives.
Cherry Tomatoes - Any cherry or grape tomato will work for this recipe. If possible, use a mixture of tomatoes. You'll need 1 cup of them.
Garlic - You'll use 4 cloves of garlic (leave them in the skin).
Seasonings - You'll need olive oil, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and fresh herbs (we used basil) to top this dish. The olive oil helps everything roast, the salt and pepper help the flavors to shine, and the red pepper flakes add just a touch of spice. Top it with several tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs like basil, parsley, or chives for a fresh punch of flavor.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Try
Love a delicious appetizer like this one, try some of our other favorites!
- Blistered Shishito Peppers Recipe - delicious shishito peppers topped with shichimi togarashi.
- The Creamiest Hummus Recipe - the best hummus recipe with perfectly balanced flavors.
- Asparagus Puff Pastry Tart - a fresh and bright springtime treat.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Recommended Tools - You can use any baking dish that holds 2 quarts or more (8 cups). We used an 11x7 inch pan, but a 9x9 will also work!
Storing Tips - You can store this recipe in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 6-ounce block of feta cheese
- 1 ½ cups olives (mix of green and black)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, skins left on
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the feta in a baking dish and surround it with cherry tomatoes and olives. Nestle the garlic cloves into the sides of the pan. Top everything with olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tomatoes have started to burst.
- Remove from the oven and remove garlic from the pan. Squeeze the garlic out of the skins and roughly chop it before adding back into the pan.
- Stir everything together gently and top with fresh herbs. Serve immediately with crackers or crusty bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 1029mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g