Make this blueberry and blackberry galette for your friends and family - they will love you for it. Or, make it, hide it, and eat it all yourself. Either way, it's a win.
Why You'll Love this Blueberry Blackberry Galette
This fruity galette is a delicious and relatively easy dessert to make. It serves at least 6 people and topped with a scoop of ice cream it's a standout dessert for a dinner party or special meal.
Galettes have all the flavor of a pie but are much more forgiving to make. You don't have to be as finicky with the dough!
Even though this recipe takes two and a half hours to make, it isn't all hands-on time. In fact, most of it is spent on chilling the dough and baking the galette.
More Delicious Fruit Desserts
If you like this recipe, check out some of our other fruit forward desserts!
- Cherry and Blueberry Galette
- Blackberry and Apple Hand Pies
- Baked Apples with Oatmeal
- Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles
Tips for Making this Recipe
- You can make the dough in a food processor, which is super quick, but be careful not to overwork it and blend it for long periods of time. Become friends with the pulse button.
- If you don't have a food processor, there's notes in the recipe card for making it with a pastry cutter.
- You can use fresh or frozen berries for this recipe. Blackberries and blueberries are in season from May through September.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons chilled butter, diced
- ¼ cup ice-cold water
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- juice of one lemon
- Combine the flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Pulse to combine.*
- Add the butter and pulse till it is in pea-sized chunks. Add the water gradually and pulse to combine, until the dough sticks together and forms a ball.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. (Can be kept up to two days).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Combine the blueberries, blackberries, sugar, corn starch, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface into a 12-inch circle, to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Spread the berry mixture across the dough and leave a 1 ½ gap around the edges.
- Fold the dough up to create a lip around the galette.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
*If you don't have a food processor, you can combine the flour, salt, and sugar into a large mixing bowl, mix them together. Add the butter to the bowl. Using a pastry cutter chop the butter into pea-sized pieces. Then gradually add the water and continue to combine with the pastry cutter, till it comes together and you can pat it into a ball.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g