This beautiful Christmas salad is an easy holiday side dish! It's a great recipe that's full of juicy flavors and textures.
It combines pomegranate, pear, sliced almonds, shallots, and soft greens for a fresh and delicious salad. It's topped with a tangy honey dijon mustard dressing.
Why You'll Love This Christmas Salad
If you want a holiday side dish to brighten your table, this beautiful pear and pomegranate salad will absolutely fit the bill!
You'll use tasty seasonal ingredients to make a fresh salad that's topped with the absolute best dressing.
Honestly, the dressing is one of the best parts of this dish because it's so tangy. The honey, dijon mustard, and olive oil pair beautifully to make a great vinaigrette.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Greens - You'll need 5 ounces of spring greens for this salad. You can use any kind of soft green or salad mix you'd like, but I suggest mellower greens over bitter ones.
- Pears - You'll use 2 bosc pears for this recipe.
- Pomegranate - You'll need 1 cup of pomegranate seeds for this salad.
- Shallots - You'll use one large shallot for this recipe. You'll thinly slice it so it's not overwhelming but it's imparts a lovely allium flavor.
- Almonds - You'll also need 1/4 cup sliced almonds to top the salad.
- Dressing - To make the dressing, you'll use 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
You do not have to serve this salad on a plate in a wreath shape, but it is quite cute! You'll need a large plate - at least 13 to 15 inches wide and a small bowl for the dressing.
If you are making this salad in advance I highly recommend keeping the dressing separate as it will cause the greens to wilt if dressed too early.
More Holiday Recipes to Try
- 20 Healthy Christmas Appetizers - these gorgeous holiday appetizers will delight all your family and friends.
- 35+ Delicious Christmas Treats Recipes - these easy and cute Christmas treats will be your family favorites.
- Christmas Fruit Wreath - this easy fruit wreath is made with grapes, kiwi, and raspberries.
- Healthy Christmas Sides - if you need some easy holiday sides, you'll find something on this list.
- Christmas Tree Appetizer - this beautiful Christmas tree shaped board is an easy appetizer.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended Tools - You'll need a large platter or salad plate to serve this recipe in a wreath shape. I have this one from Target.
Storing Tips - You can store this recipe in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you'd like to make it in advance, store the dressing separately as it does make the greens wilt.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 5 ounces mixed greens (spring mix or other)
- 2 Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the greens on a large plate, leaving space for a small bowl in the center.
- Place the pears, pomegranate seeds, shallot slices, and almonds on top of the greens.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, kosher salt, and black pepper till it is emulsified.
- Place the dressing in a small bowl and put it in the center of the salad. Serve it immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 6gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g