These delicious kimchi avocado toast bites are a great appetizer or afternoon snack! If you like avocado toast, then you've got to try this version.
The tanginess of the kimchi pairs beautifully with the creamy avocado for a fresh and tasty crostini.
Why You'll Love These Toast Bites
These are a perfect appetizer served before a dinner party when your guests are peckish and you need a little something. Or, they're great for a 4 pm snack when you need something with a little pizzaz.
The toast bites are easy to make and can be pulled together in just a few minutes. You don't have to add the green onion and tomato topping, but they add another layer of flavor.
Ingredients You'll Need
Bread - You'll need half a baguette or a demi-baguette for this recipe. You'll want 9 to 10 slices.
Avocado - You'll use 1 large avocado for this recipe. I used a Haas avocado.
Kimchi - You'll need ½ cup of kimchi for this recipe. You want a small piece for each crostini.
Toppings - You can use a mix of sliced cherry tomatoes (or a larger tomato if you have one on hand), sliced green onions, black or white sesame seeds, and some freshly squeezed lime juice. Feel free to hit it with a crack of freshly ground black pepper or sea salt too!
More Fun Appetizers Recipes to Try
Check out some of our other favorite small bites recipes that are perfect for snacking or serving as an appetizer.
- Watermelon Radish Appetizer Bites - the prettiest little canapés around.
- Spice Roasted Chickpeas - topped with a Moroccan spice blend, these crispy chickpeas are delish!
- Blistered Shishito Peppers Recipe - mildly spicy and deeply flavorful.
- Cucumber Kimchi - quick and easy stuffed cucumbers.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - You'll want to find cabbage kimchi for this recipe. I like buying mine at the Asian grocery store nearby, but you can order it online as well. This Mother in Law's Kimchi is quite good!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 1 demi-baguette or half a baguette, sliced (9 to 10 slices)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup cabbage kimchi
- 10 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (black or white or both)
- Toast the baguette slices in a toaster oven or in a regular oven till they are warm and golden brown.
- Combine the avocado and lime juice in a small bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado until it's a spreadable consistency.
- Spread a layer of avocado mash across the slices of baguette. Top with a piece or two of kimchi.
- Add a few slices of cherry tomato or green onion to the top of each crostini. Then top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g