This lemon herb grilled shrimp recipe is the perfect weeknight meal - it's easy to make, full of flavor, and will be popular with the whole family!
I'll show you how to make a delicious marinade with herbs and spices and perfectly grill shrimp so they are tender and succulent.
This great grilled shrimp recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and pescetarian.
Grilled shrimp are a healthy, low carb meal that tastes great. You can serve the juicy shrimp alongside some veggies or toss them in a salad or grain bowl.
The best part of this recipe is that it only takes a couple of minutes to pull together!
Here's what you'll need to make this healthy shrimp recipe.
- Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined (buy large shrimp if possible!)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Onion Powder
- Fresh Parsley
- Optional - lemon slices, chopped fresh herbs, lemon zest
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Grill Shrimp
Heat grill (or grill pan on stovetop) to medium high heat.
Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, salt, paprika, and onion powder in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the olive oil mixture over the shrimp and toss to combine.
Allow the shrimp to rest for 10 to 15 minutes in the marinade at room temperature before threading them onto metal or wooden skewers.
Place shrimp skewers on the grill and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the shrimp is pink and no longer translucent.
Remove the skewers from the grill and place on a large plate.
Top with chopped parsley. Add an optional squeeze of fresh lemon juice, additional chopped herbs, or a sprinkle of lemon zest.
More Grilled Seafood Recipes
If you love grilling seafood, try some of our favorite recipes!
Substitutions & Variations
Need to make some ingredient swaps? Here are some optional changes to make.
- Oil - instead of olive oil, you can use avocado oil, rapeseed oil, or melted butter.
- Spices - feel free to add some heat to this recipe, you can add cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to the marinade.
What to Serve with Grilled Shrimp
If you want some great sides for this recipe, check out some of these grilled veggie recipes! Throw them on the grill alongside the shrimp and you'll have an easy meal.
- Grilled Baby Bok Choy Recipe
- Grilled Corn in the Husk
- Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables
- Grilled Endives
Store the grilled shrimp in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips - Keep a close eye on your shrimp as it grills. It cooks quickly and you should pull it off the grill as soon as both sides are pink. This keeps the shrimp from overcooking and getting tough.
Skewer Tips - If you are using wooden skewers, it helps to soak them in water for 10 to 15 minutes before using them. This keeps the ends from burning on the grill.
Grill Tips - To keep the shrimp from sticking to your grill grates, use a paper towel and tongs to wipe a few tablespoons of oil (vegetable oil or olive oil) on the grates before adding the shrimp.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 2 pounds raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Optional - lemon slices
- Heat grill (or grill pan on stovetop) to medium high heat.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, salt, paprika, and onion powder in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the shrimp and toss to combine. Allow the shrimp to rest for 10 to 15 minutes in the marinade before threading onto wooden or metal skewers.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and allow to grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp is pink and no longer translucent.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and place on a large plate. Top with chopped parsley and optional squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 963mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 21g