This watermelon mozzarella salad stack is a delightfully delicious summer dish! It doesn't have to be served as a stack, but we think it's so pretty this way!
Why You'll Love this Watermelon Salad
This watermelon mozzarella salad is a wonderful flavor combination that is a great side dish or appetizer.
It's a great little dish to serve at a brunch or summer party. The juicy and sweet watermelon pairs incredibly well with the creaminess of the mozzarella.
It's a rich flavor profile for a salad with so few ingredients.
Ingredients for this Watermelon Salad
Here's what you'll need to make this delicious watermelon salad - a small, seedless watermelon, a ball of mozzarella, some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt.
Top it with mint, basil, and some microgreens for lots of flavor!
How to Make this Salad Recipe
This salad is super easy to make! Here's what you need to do.
- Create the shapes. Using a cookie cutter, cut out circles from the watermelon and slice the mozzarella.
- Build the stack. Layer the watermelon and mozzarella in stacks.
- Dress the salad. Drizzle the stacks with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt.
- Top with herbs. Top with basil, mint, and microgreens.
More Watermelon Recipes You'll Love
If you love watermelon, we think you'll like these recipes - they're some of our favorites.
- Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad - a red, white, and blue salad that's full of fresh flavor.
- Watermelon Olive Salad - an unusual flavor combo that's delicious
- Watermelon Summer Salad - watermelon, cantaloupe, and apple sticks served together in a juicy, tasty salad
- Dark Chocolate Watermelon with Sea Salt - fresh watermelon popsicles topped with dark chocolate and sea salt or chopped nuts
Tips for Making this Salad
The true key to this salad is a very ripe watermelon. From May till August, watermelons are at their peak.
You don't have to serve this salad as a stack, it can be spread out across a plate.
Watermelon Mozzarella Salad
This watermelon mozzarella salad stack is a delightfully delicious summer dish!
- 1 small, seedless watermelon
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons microgreens
- Cut the watermelon into plates and use a cookie cutter to cut out circles from the watermelon and slice the mozzarella into ½ inch slices.
- Layer the watermelon and mozzarella in stacks.
- Drizzle the stacks with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt.
- Top with basil, mint, and microgreens.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 822mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 11g
Have you connected with me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook?