These wonderful winter salad recipes feature all the season's best produce - including citrus, greens, pomegranate, kale, broccoli, and more!
Winter produce is unique because while it's not as plentiful as summer or fall, there are some bright and bold flavors. These winter salads showcase that produce in easy-to-use ways. These recipes are all great side salads or light lunches.
I've included both green salads and fruit salads so there's something for everyone!
This citrus pomegranate salad recipe combines crumbly feta cheese, bright greens, slivered shallots, and a zesty dressing for an exceptional winter citrus salad. It’s juicy and fresh and showcases some of the best winter fruit.
This delightful kumquat salad with watermelon radishes, radicchio, and dukkah seasoning is a bright pop of flavor. It's bursting with seasonal produce and topped with a delicious, nutty blend.
This delicious Asian pear salad is made with blue cheese, arugula, frisée, and grapes. It's such a delicious and beautiful salad recipe.
This citrus fennel salad is a wonderful winter salad recipe. It combines grapefruit, Cara Cara oranges, blood oranges, fennel, and mozzarella into a delicious and bright fruit salad.
This radish salad has four kinds of radishes! If you love the peppery, crisp flavor of radishes, then this is the salad for you.
These delicious endive salad bites have citrus, grilled feta, toasted nuts, fresh herbs, and pomegranate seeds. It's all of winter's best produce in one dish!
This easy green salad is quick + delightful. It's got a mustardy dressing that tastes great tossed with any soft green.
This cheerful Cara Cara orange Panzanella salad includes tomatoes, red onion, and arugula mixed with a little oil and breadcrumbs. It makes for a brilliant salad!
Full of winter flavors, this winter squash and farrow salad with a pomegranate vinaigrette is a must for your holiday menu!
This vegan pumpkin salad is packed with seasonal veg like beets and radishes, then topped with a gorgeous creamy tahini dressing - autumn in a bowl.
Light yet filling! Take a break from all the heavy winter comfort foods with this salad recipe of quinoa, pomegranate, and blood orange dressing.
This winter salad highlights my favorite kind of winter squash - kabocha! Top a bed of leafy greens with caramelized cubes of kabocha squash, creamy roasted garlic dressing, toasted hazelnuts, feta, dried cherries, and quick-pickled shallots for a bit of tang!
Loaded with all the beautiful veggies winter has to offer, roasted to perfection, along with leafy greens, red quinoa, and a beautiful creamy dressing - you will be in salad heaven. Easy to prep ahead of time for a busy week and packs well for lunch the next day too.
Chipotle roasted chickpeas and butternut squash salad over a bed of massaged kale and topped with a handful of pumpkin seeds. Enjoy fresh, hot out of the over or cold leftovers throughout the week!
- 3 pieces of citrus fruit (we used grapefruit, a Cara Cara orange, and a tangerine)
- 1 shallot
- 2 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 ounces crumbly feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Crush the garlic clove, remove the skin, and place in the olive oil. Allow garlic to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the citrus by cutting off both ends and then running a pairing knife down the sides to cut off strips of the peel and pith. Then cut into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Cut the shallot into very thin slices. Toss with the greens.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by removing the garlic clove from the olive oil and discarding it. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to the oil and whisk to combine.
- Toss the greens and shallots with half the vinaigrette.
- Place half the greens on a large serving dish, then half the citrus, sprinkle half the feta cheese and pomegranate seeds on top. Then repeat with remaining ingredients in a second layer. Top with remaining vinaigrette before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g