This delicious yogurt toast has been going viral on Tiktok. It's so easy to make and results in a fabulous custard toast that you can enjoy for breakfast or lunch.
This recipe is ready with only a few minutes of hands-on time and some simple ingredients.
You can top the toast with anything you'd like, but strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries all taste great.
Why You'll Love Yogurt Toast
This recipe is easy to pull together and it's a fun breakfast. It tastes like dessert, but it's made with only bread, an egg yolk, yogurt, and a little bit of honey.
You can make this recipe in the air fryer or oven (a toaster oven would work as well). When the custard is set it results in a crispy toast base with a creamy and delicious topping.
You can choose your favorite berries or other fruit to top the toast, or sprinkle on some cinnamon.
Ingredients You'll Need
Toast - You'll need two pieces of soft bread. You can use brioche or another kind of bread that can be patted down (this will create a well for the custard filling).
Yogurt - You'll need ¼ cup of yogurt. I used plain, whole milk yogurt, but I've also made this recipe with blueberry and strawberry yogurt. Use whatever kind of yogurt you'd like.
Egg - You'll need 1 egg yolk for this recipe. You can use the whole egg, but I think just using the yolk makes for a creamier, thicker custard.
Honey - You'll need 2 teaspoons of honey to sweeten this recipe. You can also use stevia, sugar, or maple sugar.
Berries - You'll need a couple of sliced strawberries or a small handful of blueberries or raspberries to top the toast.
More Fun Breakfast Recipes
If you like unusual breakfast recipes like this one, try some of our other viral TikTok favorites!
- Magic Shell Smoothie Bowl - a delicious strawberry banana smoothie bowl topped with chocolate shell.
- Chili Oil Eggs - eggs fried with chili oil and served with rice and togarashi.
- Nature's Cereal Recipe - a beautiful bowl of berries and coconut water.
- Pesto Eggs - eggs fried in pesto and served on toasted bread with a generous slather of goat cheese.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Cooking Tips - Make sure the custard has set before removing the toast from the oven. The center should no longer be jiggly. Shake your baking sheet gently before removing it from the oven. If the custard jiggles, bake for another 2 to 3 minutes and check again.
Specialty Ingredients - You can use any type of bread you'd like for this recipe, but I recommend one that can be pressed down a bit. This will create a well for the custard. White sandwich bread and brioche bread both work well.
Recommended Tools - I would highly recommend cooking the toast on a Silpat baking sheet or piece of parchment paper. If some of the custard moves off the toast, this will keep it from sticking to the pan.
Alternate Cooking Methods - If you make this in an air fryer, cook it for 7 minutes at 350.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
TikTok Yogurt Toast
This delicious yogurt toast is an easy breakfast!
- 2 slices of bread
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the bread on a Silpat baking sheet or piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Press the bread down in the center to create a well.
- Combine the yogurt, egg yolk, and honey in small bowl. Stir till fully combined.
- Spoon the yogurt mixture onto the toast and using a spoon press it towards the edges.
- Place the berries on top of the yogurt mixture.
- Bake the toast for 18 to 20 minutes until the custard is set. If it jiggles in the center, bake for an additional 2 minutes and check again.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 12g