This delightful Caprese wreath is a beautiful holiday recipe that's perfect for a Christmas party or dinner!
Made with fresh ingredients, this pretty dish is a great side salad or easy appetizer. It's a great way to enjoy a classic Caprese salad in a wreath shape.
This cute Caprese Christmas wreath is so fun to make and serve at a holiday meal.
It will be welcomed onto any Christmas table!
Here's what you'll need to make this festive Caprese wreath.
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Balls of Fresh Mozzarella *
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Reduction (or Balsamic Vinegar)
- Flaky Sea Salt
- Fresh Herbs (fresh basil leaves, oregano, and rosemary)
See the recipe card for quantities.
*You can use regular 8-ounce mozzarella balls, Ovaline balls, or bocconcini balls (mini mozzarella balls).
Use a sharp knife to slice the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into rounds on a cutting board.
Arrange the tomato slices and mozzarella slices into the shape of a wreath on a large plate or round platter, alternating the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Place basil leaves in between the tomatoes and mozzarella and oregano and rosemary around and under the Caprese wreath. Sprinkle the sliced cherry tomatoes around the wreath.
Sprinkle the sea salt over the wreath and pour on a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic glaze. Optional - sprinkle black pepper over the wreath if you'd like as well.
More Holiday Recipes
Want to try some other delicious recipes for the holiday season? Here are some of our favorites.
- Christmas Charcuterie Board - if you like charcuterie boards, you'll love this festive one with a Caprese candy cane.
- Christmas Salad - this pretty wreath-shaped salad with soft greens, pears, pomegranate seeds, and a small bowl of dressing is a great side dish.
- Christmas Tree Appetizer - this fun tree-shaped appetizer plate is a great snack board with grapes, pretzels, cheese, and more!
You can store this festive Caprese wreath for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - You can find balsamic reduction at almost every grocery store or you can buy it online.
Recommended Tools - I like using these cutting boards and this chef's knife.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
This beautiful, festive Caprese wreath is a wonderful holiday appetizer or side dish.
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 2 (8-ounce) mozzarella balls, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon balsamic glaze
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Handful of fresh herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary)
- Arrange the tomato slices and mozzarella slices into the shape of a wreath on a large plate or wooden board, alternating the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Tuck the fresh herbs in between and under the Caprese wreath. Place the sliced cherry tomatoes around the wreath.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the wreath and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g