These delicious chocolate dipped bananas are a wonderful sweet treat! The frozen bananas and chocolate are a great combination.
The best part is you can decorate them with anything you'd like! Make them a seasonal holiday treat by adding sprinkles for Christmas, Halloween, Easter, or more.
These frozen banaanas with chocolate are a great treat on a hot summer day! This simple recipe is easy to make and will be popular with kids of all ages.
If you love chocolate, check out our whole post on things to dip in chocolate.
Here are the simple ingredients you'll need to make these chocolate banana pops.
- Dark Chocolate Chips (or milk chocolate chips)
- Coconut Oil
- Fresh Bananas
- Optional toppings - coconut flakes, crushed nuts, freeze-dried berries, slivered almonds, sprinkles.
- Wooden Skewers or Popsicle Sticks
See the recipe card for quantities.
Peel the bananas and halve them crosswise. Push a skewer or popsicle stick into the cut end of each banana.
Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup.
Dip the bananas into the melted chocolate or use a spoon to spread the chocolate coating across the bananas.
Place bananas on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet or dish.
Once all the bananas have been dipped, sprinkle on your favorite toppings.
Place the bananas in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden the chocolate.
Keep the bananas in the freezer until serving them.
More Great Easy Treats
If you have a sweet tooth, you'll love these delicious healthy dessert options.
- Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough
- Dark Chocolate Watermelon
- Peanut Butter Cup Rice Cake
- Chocolate Shell Smoothie Bowl
Substitutions & Variations
- Chocolate - Use any type of chocolate you'd like for this recipe - I like using dark chocolate, but milk chocolate, chocolate melts, and even white chocolate will work!
- Toppings - You can use all sorts of toppings like finely chopped nuts, mini marshmallows, a drizzle of peanut butter or almond butter, sprinkles, and more!
Store the banana bites in the freezer in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 3 months.
Tips for Making this Recipe
Preparation Tips - Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper to keep the bananas from sticking.
Specialty Ingredients - Use fun seasonal sprinkles to make these for a holiday or birthday party!
Diet/Allergy Alternatives - If you'd like these to be vegan, make sure to use dark chocolate or vegan chocolate.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 bananas, halved crosswise
- Optional toppings - coconut flakes, crushed nuts, freeze dried berries, slivered almonds, sprinkles
- 8 Wooden skewers
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup.
- Push a skewer into the cut end of each banana.
- Dip the bananas into the chocolate or use a spoon to spread the chocolate across the bananas.
- Place bananas on a parchment-lined baking sheet or dish.
- Once all the bananas have been dipped, sprinkle on optional toppings.
- Place the bananas in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Keep the bananas in the freezer until serving them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g